Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I like this shot ...best one I have done.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 4:32 am    Post subject: I like this shot ...best one I have done. Reply with quote

I should say best one the camera (Olympus SP510uz) has done shooting at a flying fox in the tree and not taking a snap shot of the twig in front of it as usually happens.I also took some photos with the Astronar 300mm but have to wait for developing Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Australia is scary place. Shocked
Wouldn't want them hanging on my garden lilac.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which one is Batman ? Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are fruit bats,apparently the first time they have traveled this far inland they usually travel along the coast.They are supposed to move on but looks like they like the area.
Batman would be the one next to Robin and when you find out who Robin is let me know Laughing

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow! great capture, those Batmans look cute when they sleep

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CarbonR wrote:
Which one is Batman ? Very Happy

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Did you know that they designed the EOS-1D based on Batman?

Wink

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused Mmmh, I think I see no robins there, thus no Batman? Smile
Anyhoo good one, nice colors. Bats have strange habits down there, I knew the usually prefer dark places. Smile
kansalliskala wrote:
Wouldn't want them hanging on my garden lilac.
When I was a teenager (long ago Sad )my little sis found one in her bedroom...
LucisPictor wrote:
The design is originally from German designer Luigi Colani, who in 1984 disegned the T-90 for Canon. The first Eoses derived from that. Smile

Cheers, M.-

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marty wrote:

LucisPictor wrote:
The design is originally from German designer Luigi Colani, who in 1984 disegned the T-90 for Canon. The first Eoses derived from that. Smile

Batman was earlier! Wink Laughing

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice photo Mo! Well done imho. I like the 3D dof. Focus nailed spot on too. Pretty impressive results from a superzoom p&s camera. Can't wait to see the development. Thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Batman was earlier! Wink Laughing

That's true. Laughing

M.-

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Well done imho. I like the 3D dof. Focus nailed spot on too. Pretty impressive results from a superzoom p&s camera

This is the only reason I shared this picture as I was surprised,as I said it usually focuses on the twigs and branches and can be a awful pain "hunting" for the shot.I hope the film comes out as good..I used the 100asa expired kodak gold.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow I missed this Mo. Well done!

We saw these flying foxes flapping round the skyscrapers in Sydney CBD. If you ignore the wings I think they're quite cute little animals.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I remember the migrating bats at Sydney Very Happy and the sticky bat poo!
They may be cute but they can carry a very nasty bug that can kill if you get scratched or bitten.So if they are on the ground for what ever reason leave them there and get someone who is a professional with animals.I love the leather look of their wings Rolling Eyes Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are some fine tree decorations.

The Batman, by the way, does not sleep with Robin. That is why you cannot find him amongst his doubles ... Cool