Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I just won a Vivitar 135 f2.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject: I just won a Vivitar 135 f2.5 Reply with quote

Hello everyone Im trying to beef up on 135mm lens since it is my favorite focal length. I just won a mint Vivitar 135 f2.5 and wanted to know if anyone has any experience with this lens the link is below

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=150224650383&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=005

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Georgeous! Congrats! Patrick have it and really like it!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a really nice looking piece of glass. I see it's got the Vivitar TX mount, I don't know how easily available those are used, but if you can find one you could use that for future cameras. In that way it's like an Adaptall Tamron, a lens for life.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not too difficult to get one one for other cameras.I have some TX lens and I bought separately Nikon adapter.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank goodness for that Very Happy I didn't really know too much about the lens but it sounded like a decent deal I was hoping I didn't make a foolish decision.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a beautiful lens - sharp, relatively light and lovely OOF. I think it is one of the best in that focal length. The CF is a delight - nice portraits.

patrickh

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Patrickh, I have a question will my M42 adapter work with this lens. Im using a Canon XTI

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pressureworld wrote:
Thanks Patrickh, I have a question will my M42 adapter work with this lens. Im using a Canon XTI

Since it comes with an M42 screwmount, you'll have no problem using it with an M42->EOS adapter (get one with focus confirm) and future use will be just as easy should you change makes - Pentax will accept M42s with an adapter as will Olympus all giving you infinity focus. Nikon won't, unfortunately, but you can find a TX-Nikon adapter for it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a million I will post a few shots when it arrives