Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I just bought this lot
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:24 pm    Post subject: I just bought this lot Reply with quote

Images from the add on a local website. No discription or anything. I Was one of the first to see it. Offered 50 shipping included and my bid got accepted.
The pancolar is the only one you can see clearly. For the other 2 lenses I am hoping for a sonnar and a flek. What do you guys think? They look like they have the shape of those lenses and the orange numbers. So fingers crossed!!!
Hopefully it will arrive soon!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good find for a bargain price

Klaus

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pancolar on its own would normally cost you more than 50,-!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lenses look like Flek 35 2.4 and Sonnar 135 3.5 Smile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:17 pm    Post subject: Re: I just bought this lot Reply with quote

!Karen wrote:
Images from the add on a local website. No discription or anything. I Was one of the first to see it. Offered 50 shipping included and my bid got accepted.
The pancolar is the only one you can see clearly. For the other 2 lenses I am hoping for a sonnar and a flek. What do you guys think? They look like they have the shape of those lenses and the orange numbers. So fingers crossed!!!
Hopefully it will arrive soon!

I got an MTL5 kit with a nice Flek in it for not very much money, though with a zoom rather than a 135.
Good luck if it is a 135, I only seem to find ones with sticky blades.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooot
The goods are in the house
It was all a bit dusty but after a good clean all items are in top shape Cool

I once bought another EE2 and it had the exact same lenses with it.

Is this a coincidence or was this set sold as a kit back then?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good score....... Cool

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great score, congrats!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice set - don't look much used. I don't see the M42 electric versions very often; I think they were only around for a few years at the end of the 70s before Praktica switched to the bayonet B mount. Though unless you use them on the EE body, the distinction between electric and non-electric versions is a bit academic.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice find, the Flekt 35/2.4 are going for a couple of hundred by themselves.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my, good one.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

meanwhile wrote:

I am not complaining, as I have two Fleks, one picked up for £10, and the other with my MTL5 for about £30. But really, are they that good? I like the nice close focus, but they are not very fast; you can get a Nikkor 28 f2.8 and more for that sort of money.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet! Congrats!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basilisk wrote:
meanwhile wrote:

I am not complaining, as I have two Fleks, one picked up for £10, and the other with my MTL5 for about £30. But really, are they that good? I like the nice close focus, but they are not very fast; you can get a Nikkor 28 f2.8 and more for that sort of money.

Although this thread is ot about the Flek, it's part of the package, so I'll offer my opinion. I have the 2.4/35 and can say that it is indeed very sharp and close focusing. On the other hand, I don't find the build quality that great and I've had to open it on two occasions to fix a problem with the aperture. On top of that, it has some distortion in the upper left corner, likely as a result of poor quality control in assembly. My understanding is that it is a common problem. However, I do remember someone here posting instructions for centering the front element. So the bottom line is that it can be very good optically.

As for the prices, I don't think it is worth quite that much. I always pick my Topcor 2.8/35 over the Flek. But nonetheless, it is a great get in a lot for small money.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
As for the prices, I don't think it is worth quite that much

True, but something is only worth what people are prepared to pay. Smile

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=flektogon+35+2.4&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holly trinity in Eastern block! Laughing Congrats!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

meanwhile wrote:
Quote:
As for the prices, I don't think it is worth quite that much

True, but something is only worth what people are prepared to pay. Smile

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=flektogon+35+2.4&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

Yes, and I will be happy to sell mine at an amount larger than I think it is worth.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$227 and 40 bidders! Shocked

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

!Karen wrote:
Wooot
The goods are in the house
It was all a bit dusty but after a good clean all items are in top shape Cool

I once bought another EE2 and it had the exact same lenses with it.

Is this a coincidence or was this set sold as a kit back then?

Great score !!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, great deal! Congratulations!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:
Basilisk wrote:
meanwhile wrote:

Although this thread is ot about the Flek, it's part of the package, so I'll offer my opinion. I have the 2.4/35 and can say that it is indeed very sharp and close focusing. On the other hand, I don't find the build quality that great and I've had to open it on two occasions to fix a problem with the aperture. On top of that, it has some distortion in the upper left corner, likely as a result of poor quality control in assembly. My understanding is that it is a common problem. However, I do remember someone here posting instructions for centering the front element. So the bottom line is that it can be very good optically.

As for the prices, I don't think it is worth quite that much. I always pick my Topcor 2.8/35 over the Flek. But nonetheless, it is a great get in a lot for small money.

It is a handy, though slowish standard lens for crop frame. My only full frame camera is the D600, so I cannot test it myself, but I wonder if it will hold up to scrutiny as more folk switch to full frame compacts?