Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I have ordered some darkroom stuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:00 pm    Post subject: I have ordered some darkroom stuff Reply with quote

Not everything that I need (things are expensive Mad ) but at least a start... so I can begin practicing with loading the tank Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck Orio. I gave all my stuff away years ago. Now I wish I had it back.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, very nice, Orio. I would love to do that again. (Stopped about 18 years ago. Embarassed )

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never tried and I wish much to!
I always did since I was a child.

My parents used to develop and print their photos on their own. I guess with secondhand affordable tools because we were not rich. But I still have their prints, and actually, I and my mother have found a big pack of them the other day, buried in a drawer.
I will post some of them when I have time. THey were both very good as photographers, although both were painters (my father actually was a 360° artist, as he also was sculptor, designer, decorator)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That will be fantastic Orio! I'm really looking forward to seeing their work.

Good luck with your darkroom. Are you still planning to do printing as well as developing? I can't go that far, I don't have the facility here, so you'll have to add a chapter to the "Essential" thread.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
That will be fantastic Orio! I'm really looking forward to seeing their work.
Good luck with your darkroom. Are you still planning to do printing as well as developing? I can't go that far, I don't have the facility here, so you'll have to add a chapter to the "Essential" thread.

Yes Peter, I plan to print also Very Happy
But... one step at a time. I first need to learn well how to develop my negatives. So I don't expect myself starting to make my own prints before the new year, at least.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck Orio. Some nasty friends also told me to put up a darkroom when they saw me buying some B&W film. I have to resist, I already didn't have enough time for all the things I like Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to admit that my school still has a darkroom with all the necessary equipment (incl. prints) and I only need to make an appointment with one of our arts teachers. Embarassed

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're lucky Carsten that your school has this kind of facilities. 90% of Italian schools don't. Actually the most photographic activity you have in our high schools is girls photographing themselves naked with the cell phones and selling the photos to their friends in order to get the money to buy high fashion clothes and shoes. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had no darkroom and naked girls neither when I was in school Crying or Very sad

This about being born in the worst place at the worst time.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so pleased for you... I last developed in '79, and unfortunately left a bag with most of my negatives in the dark room, which was decomissioned during summer holiday. I did keep the Schneider Componon I was using however...

My daughter is going to photography camp in New York in a week. They will learn b&w development and printing amongst other things. She's agitating to take one of our TLRs, but I don't think the camp is set up for 120. So anyway, the plan is to get a tank etc after she's back... still we'll scan the negatives rather than printing them the old fashioned way.

The thing about printing, even after I got really fast it takes a lot of time... scanning and photoshop are quicker. But still, there's something about seeing the image slowly appear in the tray...