Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I am careless and stoooopid
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:23 pm    Post subject: I am careless and stoooopid Reply with quote

I developed a roll of 120 Acros 100 last night with straight D-76 (my little kitchen stays cool, and I kept the chemicals right in font of the A/C).

I miscalculated the volume needed to completely cover the expanded Paterson reel, and had to race to add a few mls. So, the negs look great except for a quarter-inch edge the length of the strip that had 30 seconds or so less development.

AND the light-tight Paterson funnel does NOT lock in the normal position with spout down in the small Super System 4 tank when using the expanded reel for 120 film.

I should have checked before going dark, but this little discrepancy should have been mentioned in the instructions!

Aieeeeee! I had to race about to go from developer to water to fixer, covering and uncovering with the regular tight lid, all in pitch dark. This funnel discrepancy is NOT listed in the Super System 4 instructions. It does lock with the spout pointed up. That is not light-tight, though, is it?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is your tank a 35mm and 120 size? They did make them in 35mm only size.
It'll say on the bottom.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaaaaarrrrgggghhhh! 35mm and 126, it says on the bottom. This also is not mentioned in the instructions. Argh, again ...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I beg to differ. Your corrective actions exhibit clever resourcefulness and quick thinking imho. Wink Everybody makes mistakes; again imho, smart folks have only made more mistakes than others! Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Opsins ... Cool

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: I am careless and stoooopid Reply with quote

fish4570 wrote:
AND the light-tight Paterson funnel does NOT lock in the normal position with spout down in the small Super System 4 tank when using the expanded reel for 120 film.

As you've found, you've got the 35mm tank, not the 120 tank. As the fluid volume for 35mm reels in the 35mm tank is the same as that for the 35mm reel in a 120 tank, I saw no point in getting a 35mm tank. The only caveat in using a 35mm reel in a 120 tank is that vigorous inversion can have the reel creep up the central spindle, which is the reason why the 120 tank comes with a little white plastic clip, which holds the reel rigidly on the central spindle. You can also put in a second, empty 35mm reel on top of the loaded reel, to achieve the same effect. This, incidentally, offers a second reason for preferring the 120 tank over the 35mm tank : you can develop two 35mm films in a 120 tank.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about your flail, Paul, but do post some, OK? Here's one from
a buddy of mine, using Arista Premium 400 dev'd in D-76. Yep, I'll be ordering this dev very soon:

Well, to complete the above, he did use a Leica MP, 21 Lux. When it comes
to equipment, Tim is ridiculous. Among the many items I envy, he owns the
Bessa III, and two Noct Nikkors. Who needs two Noct Nikkors? That is just
wrong... Laughing I won't even go into what else he has in medium and large
format. And sure he has the Leica M8 and M9, Nikon D3x, etc, etc, etc. OK,
I'm done ranting. Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gear jealousy can sure eat at a man, right? Very Happy

I will be most happy to post as soon as I can replace my scanner. I hope it is the end of this week ...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, yes, alex, I will be getting a 120 tank ...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul, Tim has just fessed up to doing a lot of PP with the above shot. A lot
of blown highlights in the cab interior. He of course has thousand$ in software,
two big Mac computers just for processing, yeah, I hate his guts. Laughing

I should clarify the lens, (Tim speaks fluent Leican) that is the Summilux-M
21/1.4.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, harumph! Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... at least you caught yourself ... when I did it, I completely forgot I had 120 film in the tank, with the following result:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigh ... Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul, quick question, weren't Careless and Stoopid the two dwarfs that
missed the filming of Snow White? Thought so. Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. Few people know that bit of esoterica ...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stoopid is not checking that the film is winding on three times. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
Stoopid is not checking that the film is winding on three times. Rolling Eyes

Three times? Oh thank God, I've only done that twice. Wink Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stoopid is leaving my camera and Super-Tak 1.4/50 at a friend's house on Monday. Trouble is, I was in Holland at the time! Grrr

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Stoopid is leaving my camera and Super-Tak 1.4/50 at a friend's house on Monday. Trouble is, I was in Holland at the time! Grrr
Laughing Laughing Ouch that is painful...for you but maybe not for them if they like cameras Very Happy