Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

HTC Google Nexus One camera shots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: HTC Google Nexus One camera shots Reply with quote

I was stunned to see the quality of these photos when I downloaded them into my PC: Shocked
In good light, they are more than acceptable to my eyes.

Flower market in Ennis Town Market Square on a Saturday.
Original jpeg with LR3.6 treatment!

Tweaked in LR3 for two different effects:
Vintage look

B&W

My dog in Fanore Beach, County Clare.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shot with the dog Smile
Did you add some sharpening in LR? Pics look pretty oversharped on my monitor, many white halos around edges, lines and details
IQ is pretty good for an mobile phone anyway

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharpness looks okay but that blown out sky in the first one is not good and the colours seem a bit off.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Sharpness looks okay but that blown out sky in the first one is not good and the colours seem a bit off.

Any digital camera is going to struggle with shooting into the sun, but this isn't bad considering.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the quality of the dog shot is excellent, i have tried to achieve the same thing in lr 3.6 but can't seem to get it right, could you tell me what settings you tweaked in it please?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The colours in the first shot seem to be faded a little becauce the shot is a little overexposed.

Anyway, I agree, those smartphones are capable of producing an amazing image quality!!

The is the reason why camera manufacturers have started to sell high-end compact digicams (Canon G15, Nikon 7100, Sony RX100...).
The "normal" ones cannot be sold for a profit anymore. You need to sell them cheaply because of the competition of the cell phones.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks folks for commenting.

I will get back to you on your questions later...Got to rush out.

Here are some more shots without LR treatment. Smile
http://forum.mflenses.com/htc-google-nexus-one-t54049.html