Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Howto Repair Yongnuo YN565ex that misfire
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Howto Repair Yongnuo YN565ex that misfire Reply with quote

I recently got a Yongnuo YN565ex on Ebay for the usual price. It's quite a good flash considering the price. It has one particular flaw; Quality Control.

Purchased in November 2011, mine was working fine until 3 day ago. The problem wasn't with the LCD or Control buttons, that part was still working perfectly. The flash was misfiring; It would only fire 1 out of 10 time. I could hear a small "click" sound inside the flash head, so it was "trying" to fire.

The good new is that most seller offer 12 month warranty. But that's not "free". Paying shipping back to China would cost me about $20 to $40 CAD. Shipping by "ground" would probably take a good 1 month just to get there, and another 2-3 week to get back here.

The solution : repair it myself. I've been doing hobby electronic for a while now, so soldering wasn't a problem.

Luckily for me, some good folk already did all the hard work of finding the common problem of this flash :

http://uu-tech.blogspot.com/2012/01/fixing-not-working-yongnuo-yn565ex.html

I'm here to let you know that this fix take about ~30 minutes to do if you take your time, and it works perfectly. My flash is firing just like when it was new. Considering I've used quite a beefy transformer this time, it will probably never die like that again.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Yongnuo 565EX stop working! Reply with quote

Well... I guess I was not lucky on my first try. The TC36 coil is much bigger than the original and it is kind of difficult to solder its weird layout legs on the board. I did it anyway but, unfortunatelly, it did not work. Any ideas? Of course I'm probably be doing something wrong here. I am not a good welder by any means. I would appreciate any help.

Here's the photos:

Thanks for any help.

Marcus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Yongnuo 565EX stop working! Reply with quote

Here are the photos:

flemps wrote:
Well... I guess I was not lucky on my first try. The TC36 coil is much bigger than the original and it is kind of difficult to solder its weird layout legs on the board. I did it anyway but, unfortunatelly, it did not work. Any ideas? Of course I'm probably be doing something wrong here. I am not a good welder by any means. I would appreciate any help.

Here's the photos: http://s701.photobucket.com/albums/ww11/marcusroque/TC%2036%20coil%20on%20Yongnuo%20565EX/

Thanks for any help.

Marcus