Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

How to replace missing red lens 4 film exposure number?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:51 pm    Post subject: How to replace missing red lens 4 film exposure number? Reply with quote

I recently purchased a Minolta II folder with two main items I wish to repair.

The leather(ette?) is about 40% missing. This is a simple fix as I have leatherette left over from another craft project.

The second problem is the red lens (for lack of a better word) through which you see the exposure number on the film back is missing. Is there a source for replacement material or a tip on what can be used in its place? I was thinking of perhaps cutting a piece off an old red glass filter.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red glass filters might not be 100% blocking (though that will not matter any more, there is no more 120 ortho film), and they are generally glass, which is hard to cut into odd shapes. Red ENLARGER filters will do nicely - and are acrylic or polycarbonate on all enlargers (except for highest end pro gear or historic items).

At a pinch I could mail you a few inches of red print shop masking tape (essentially darkroom filter made into adhesive film) - if you sandwich that with clear acrylic it will have the same effect.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen people recommend red plastic report covers you can get at an office supply store.