Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

how to paint the lens?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:15 pm    Post subject: how to paint the lens? Reply with quote

is there a special spray paint to retouch an old lens?
i sometimes use black permanent marker to touch up some spots with faded or chip paint. i was wondering if you could repaint the lens? how about the letters and numbers? is there a method to really paint a lens properly?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: how to paint the lens? Reply with quote

jun wrote:
is there a special spray paint to retouch an old lens?
i sometimes use black permanent marker to touch up some spots with faded or chip paint. i was wondering if you could repaint the lens? how about the letters and numbers? is there a method to really paint a lens properly?

I have often wondered myself. I think enamel paints would be best. Sprayed or painted though?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Micro-Tools has touch-up paints, available from Germany or US. These 'paint stiks' are also available at auto supply and hobby supply.

Some lens bodies are anodized not painted, some have baked-on finish, some are silk-screened, some engraved, some plated, etc.. Professional cost is likely (much) more than new lens! Complete 're-painting' can be quite an undertaking...