Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

How to move aperture?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: How to move aperture? Reply with quote

Hi!
I have a Tamron Television 4mm F1.2 with C-Mount
http://www.ebay.de/itm/190781974404?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
The aperture seems to be only contrable via electronic cable control - it's stuck at F32 or above
Any idea how to move it?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moin!

Would this document put you in the right direction?
https://www.tamron-usa.com/cctv/prod/assets/pdfs/OM%20IR%20v2%20256.pdf
also see other docs on that site.

MfG

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will need control electronics. Forget it, no sense in having a diy box of electronics just to control the aperture. I have several Computar CS mount lenses with electronic apertures, they are useless unless mounted on a cctv camera with electronic aperture control socket to plug their control lead into.

You are aware it is a CS mount lens, not a C mount and has a 5mm shorter register so can't be used without surgery to either lens or adapter?

I'm sorry, you bought the wrong lens.

There are some fairly nice Tamron c mount lenses, I had a 4.5mm fisheye that was interesting.

Last one is a 100% crop from the NEX-3, in common with most of these CCTV lenses, it's crappy IQ, low resolution, probably no more than 20-25lp/mm. I tried a dozen or more C mount lenses and only found one that had acceptable IQ, that was a machine vision lens that had been very expensive when new, all the CCTV ones were crap, which is to be expected as they only have to record 400-600 lines which is very low resolution compared to any digicam.