Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

How much is this lens wroth?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:09 am    Post subject: How much is this lens wroth? Reply with quote

Hey guys,
I have a 7-98 mm Angenieux F. 1.4 lens with a 2x extender and I was wondering if someone could tell me how much they think its worth. I have done some fairly extensive research and havent been able to find a thing about this lens, making me think that it is at least some what rare. Eventually I wrote Angenieux directly, and they said "The 14x7 f/1.4 is an ENG lens designed in 1980’s for the Philips ½” 3CCD cameras. That lens is probably at least 20 years old". It is a very sharp lens, except at 1.4 which its a little soft. Its a rather remarkable lens in that it keeps it f stop while it zooms. It has well oiled and great moving mechanics. All the glass it clean and clear. It currently has a xl mount, for the canon XL1/s, but I am almost positive that it is just an adapter on a PL mount, but if it is an adapter, I can't get it off.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:49 am    Post subject: Re: How much is this lens wroth? Reply with quote

jsims6752 wrote:
Hey guys,
I have a 7-98 mm Angenieux F. 1.4 lens with a 2x extender and I was wondering if someone could tell me how much they think its worth. I have done some fairly extensive research and havent been able to find a thing about this lens, making me think that it is at least some what rare. Eventually I wrote Angenieux directly, and they said "The 14x7 f/1.4 is an ENG lens designed in 1980’s for the Philips ½” 3CCD cameras. That lens is probably at least 20 years old". It is a very sharp lens, except at 1.4 which its a little soft. Its a rather remarkable lens in that it keeps it f stop while it zooms. It has well oiled and great moving mechanics. All the glass it clean and clear. It currently has a xl mount, for the canon XL1/s, but I am almost positive that it is just an adapter on a PL mount, but if it is an adapter, I can't get it off.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

From what I see it's a broadcast grade half-inch lens for 3CCD cameras.
These kind of lens, althought once were really expensive, nowdays the residual value is very low.
Equivalent old lenses from Canon and Fujinon sells for no more than 100/200 euros on ebay (when you find them).