Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

how good is Vivitar Series 1 70-210mm Macro F3.5 (Kiron)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like my M42 Kiron f3.5 a lot, but never use it a great deal for some reason. I also have a Komine f2.8 / 4 in Canon FD mount, which is in great condition and I bought at a camera fair for £10. At the time I didn't have an adapter for NEX to FD and the lens was stored, and forgotten about. But I found it recently, and I've got the adapter. It's a terrific lens, I love it. It has it's faults, the CA can be intrusive, but it is sharp.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thread Re-Dig!

Just trying to find a recent conversation about the Kiren version of the S1 70-210. Yep in 2019 / 2020. (heck these are ~40+ yrs old now) they are still fun to use!

That's a Holden Torana, kinda sorta based on your Vaxhaul Viva, we got them with 202ci straight 6's and eventually, a Latvian Ex rocket scientist designed 304ci V8 because Australia be crazy.

Anyway, takes a bit of practice (didn't really nail focus on either of those) but it's rewarding and ultimately forgiving since we have SD cards to fill and not film to bin.

Above shot with ancient 5D.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work Daniel.
The lens certainly holds its own in present company.
I particularly like the shot of the Fairlady.
Didn't know that the LJ could be had with a V8.
LH sure, but that is news to me.
Love the shape of the LJ
Tom

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have both the Kiron and Komine version and like the latter more. Easier to operate, especially getting the lens into macro is a breeze with the Komine. Also less pronounced purple fringing and A-mode. Both can produce excellent images though.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah crap! no you are correct Tom. In the excitement I'm confusing my Torana's!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tromboads wrote:
Ah crap! no you are correct Tom. In the excitement I'm confusing my Torana's!

Haha - I nearly bought an LJ back in the day - 186 I think.
Man did it have some understeer and was a handful to stop.
Passed on it and bought a HG Premier with 308.
Loved that car
Smile
Tom