Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

How do you organise your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chaotic Smile
I searched for my Rubinar 500 for some weeks in vain, now I have found it.
Those lenses I use often are near the cameras and flashes. At least most of those lenses. Some are in bags or bagpacks.
But the huge mass of lenses is stored at different locations. I even have started to use Euronorm boxes 600x400mm for them.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I began collecting lenses in a serious way at the beginning of 2009. I started out with a small Canon EOS outfit and a small Nikon manual focus outfit with my old F2. I started out with four Nikon primes and a zoom. Then I just went a little nuts collecting lenses because of all the super low prices. Almost immediately I expanded my collection to include Canon FD and Pentax K. I've always liked Canon FD, and the prices were so cheap, I just started collecting FD-mount lenses hand-over-fist. Same went for Nikon mount lenses, although a bit less. And Pentax didn't get nearly as much attention paid to it, mostly because at the same time I was picking up cheap Canon and Nikon optics, I was also buying Tamron lenses, most of which were very cheap. So I wound up with a large collection of Tamrons. I have several different adaptall 2 mounts so with my Pentaxes and Fujica and Contax and Minolta cameras, in addition to multiple copies of Canon FD and Nikon Adaptall-2 mounts, I'm covered.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoneV wrote:

Laughing

mirror lenses are so small

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="kansalliskalaCafe"]
ZoneV wrote:

Laughing

mirror lenses are so small

Not all Russain mirror lenses are small. Especially not the Rubinar 500mm/5.6 I have searched for.
A Minolta 250mm/5.6 would be much, much harder to find!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My most used lenses are usually in whichever camera bag is used for the camera system they work with. The remaining 100 or so are more chaotic, I created a spread sheet with records of them all but after I get one out it often goes back in a different spot so it's sadly not much help.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoneV wrote:
Chaotic Smile
Those lenses I use often are near the cameras and flashes. At least most of those lenses. Some are in bags or bagpacks.
But the huge mass of lenses is stored at different locations. I even have started to use Euronorm boxes 600x400mm for them.

NIce idea to use Euronorm boxes! How happy are you with that Rubinar 5.6/500mm??

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the sort by mount, preferred lens category. Otherwise it becomes to difficult to pick a lens. I have plastic totes separated by mfr, and/or mount. Konica, Minolta, Olympus Canon FD each have a bin or two, Exakta mount bin, and m42 lenses generally get a mixture of makes, though my m42 Asahi lens collection itself has 2 bins. I have a bin with DKL mount. Then there is a bin with miscellaneous stuff Yashica, QBM, Fuji, etc. I also have a host of lenses still attached to the camera so I don't lose track of which camera they came with. Even with this I sometimes struggle to find what I am after (I am not a great organiser).

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got about 200 lenses, tracked in a spreadsheet and stored in a glass door cabinet. Top shelf has enlarging/macro lenses, then primes are organized by focal length. I don't really worry about mounts because I'm using all of them on a Sony a7. Zooms get relegated to the bottom shelf, haha.