Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

How do you focus 6x6 lenses in 35mm cameras
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:48 am    Post subject: How do you focus 6x6 lenses in 35mm cameras Reply with quote

I got this Agfa Solinar 1:3,5 / 75 and tried to use it with EOS. My bellows is too thick so couldn't use it. Separated a back from a m42 lens to get the mount and attached the lens to it. Then put a thin extension tube to get the right distance (probably 60 mm?). I did get the right focus from infinity to about 5 meters but not any nearer. Then the front element just dropped off.

Does it depend on the structure of the lens, which can be used in 35 mm cameras. I seen for example P-six-EOS adapters but how do they work?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: How do you focus 6x6 lenses in 35mm cameras Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
I seen for example P-six-EOS adapters but how do they work?

There is no secret or trick, the P6 EOS adapter sets the lens to the correct register distance, then the focusing is done on the lens using the normal way.

_

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: How do you focus 6x6 lenses in 35mm cameras Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
I got this Agfa Solinar 1:3,5 / 75 and tried to use it with EOS. My bellows is too thick so couldn't use it. Separated a back from a m42 lens to get the mount and attached the lens to it. Then put a thin extension tube to get the right distance (probably 60 mm?). I did get the right focus from infinity to about 5 meters but not any nearer. Then the front element just dropped off.

Does it depend on the structure of the lens, which can be used in 35 mm cameras. I seen for example P-six-EOS adapters but how do they work?

It doesn't depend on the structure of the lens. Just add a little bit more extension but not so much that you cannot anymore achieve infinity focus. The P-six-EOS adapters are just extension tubes. Slightly longer lenses are easier as you can use the bellows and you can also use lenses which don't have their own focusing mechanism.

Veijo