Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Houten Photographica fair, The Netherlands
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:32 pm    Post subject: Houten Photographica fair, The Netherlands Reply with quote

21 november again big photo fair,
about 300 tables full with old photo gear,

I wil be there Laughing

semso

Last edited by semso on Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:47 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please bring a cam and show us some photos!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please,
make a bargain for us Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will be VERY lonely there as the fair is one day ealier on Sunday Nov 21st, 2010 Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mistake,
that is on sunday 21 november

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great fair, lots of old gear! Been there many times.
Klaus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there. I missed the spring edition and Doesburg so I simply *have* to go. If anyone wants to do some sports shooting not too far away from Houten, from 18h there's a national level speedskating race in Tilburg.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooooh, would love to go, but it would be an expensive trip at this stage Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe we'll meet then Smile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eeyore_nl wrote:
Maybe we'll meet then Smile

I'll probably only be there in the afternoon, it's still a fairly long haul from home and it'll be a late night with the skating shoot afterwards.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If You see Schneider Kreuznach xenar 3.5 90mm M42
that is for me

semso

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I was there, but to be honest, I was rather disappointed after having walked around for three hours...picked up a lens at Maartens stand which was a good experience though. 450km drive one way, I doubt that I will do it again, but I had a pleasant dinner at BLAUW in Utrecht (indonesian, 18 different varieties of beaf, fish+seafood, veggies), that was certainly worth going! http://www.restaurantblauw.nl/

[excuse the bad iphone4 pic]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was there, but went home with empty hands this time. Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are fairs like these good ways to pick up old photo gear? Are there any others anytime soon, more specifically near The Hague?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was once pre-ebay. Now most seller put the good stuff on *bay and sell their "crap" for cheap at these fairs (as I have been told by some and is also my personal experience). Hard to find good stuff but you never know...also depends what you are looking for.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
It was once pre-ebay. Now most seller put the good stuff on *bay and sell their "crap" for cheap at these fairs (as I have been told by some and is also my personal experience). Hard to find good stuff but you never know...also depends what you are looking for.
There are still some good stuffs to be found, but the prices are not cheaper than *bay in many cases.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some things are cheaper now. I've seen a Zenit Fotosniper change hands for 30 Euros, another one, complete in box was available for 95 Euros. Not that long ago they would fetch 200.
I managed to return without lenses but with nearly all the little odd bits I was looking for. And a large kitbag which doesn't look like a photobag for 20 EUro's (excellent for roaming around town).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, good cheap lenses are not to be found on these fairs. Various bits and pieces, such as accessories can be found here.

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaccoW wrote:
So, good cheap lenses are not to be found on these fairs. Various bits and pieces, such as accessories can be found here.

I'm not so sure about that... Cheap lenses are plentiful there but you really have to know what you're looking for, and look hard at that. You'll really need to take the time to discover the gems and bargains.

For myself I know that I always found something rare and/or very cheap there. But again: take the time and go around the fair several times.

Sorry Klaus, I did not make it there because I forgot that I had to attend my grandmother's 86th birthday. When is the next fair in Germany, not too far from the NL border?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
JaccoW wrote:

I'm not so sure about that... Cheap lenses are plentiful there but you really have to know what you're looking for, and look hard at that. You'll really need to take the time to discover the gems and bargains.

Indeed. Especially under the tables, in the crates, are the best deals.