Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Honeywell Pentax SP
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:40 am    Post subject: Honeywell Pentax SP Reply with quote

Hi everybody.

As you might know through other threads, I'm looking for a M42 film body. I've been seeing some cheap Zenit and Praktica ones, but the bids are too high these days. I'm also looking for a good opportunity to pick a Spotmatic.
I've seen many "Honeywell" Pentax Spotmatics around eBay, they seem to be cheaper, and externally look almost the same as the native Pentax.
Does anybody know about them?. Could one of these be an alternative to the original Spotmatic?.
Thanks in advance.
Jes.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same company under different names Asahi Pentax = Honeywell are equal.
http://www.photoethnography.com/ClassicCameras/index-frameset.html?AsahiPentaxSpotmatic.html~mainFrame

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Same company under different names Asahi Pentax = Honeywell are equal.
http://www.photoethnography.com/ClassicCameras/index-frameset.html?AsahiPentaxSpotmatic.html~mainFrame

Thanks, Attila!.
Going to bid for a Honeywell one Wink
Best regards,
Jes

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your very welcome!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooops...
Twice the same message, sorry!

Jes

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honeywell was the US importer for Asahi Pentax in the early days, so the Honeywell name just means that it was originally sold in the USA.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you win your Spotmatic Jes, are you still looking for one?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
Did you win your Spotmatic Jes, are you still looking for one?

Hi Peter,

No I didn't. I bid for some, but at the end they go too high and someone else overbids me...

At this moment I'm waiting for the Zenith to arrive. I'll try it, and if it's useable, I'll keep it for the M42 lenses by now. Anyway I'll keep looking at eBay for Spotmatics, for the case I could pick a cheap one. In that case, I probably will get rid of the Zenith...

Not in a hurry, anyway. I'm enjoying a lot trying the new lenses. This morning I've been trying the Helios 44-2. It's very promising, now I understand what you told about "presets". The old one had the outer ring blocked... that's why I didn't realize how it works. Now it's clear.
Thanks for your indications.

Best regards,

Jes.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one in rather good shape. Don't like to sell it. Do you have something to swap?

Guido

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jigt wrote:
I have one in rather good shape. Don't like to sell it. Do you have something to swap?

Guido

Hi Guido,
Please, give me a clue, what would yo be interested in?. Computer spares? some lens?, a flash unit?
Best regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jesito,

have not got a clue on the value of this body.

Just sent me what you have to spare.

Ill check out the body to make sure its full functional.