Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Home made macro / dioptre
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:29 pm    Post subject: Home made macro / dioptre Reply with quote

I'm not sure if I posted anything about this before, and rather than hi jack Tom's thread about his Hoya dioptre adapter, I'll post some pictures here of this home made attachment
It's nothing more than the three front elements from a Tamron SP 28-135 that died on me when some of the internal rollers came off and jammed the lens solid, I just couldn't get it apart it was that jammed. So I destroyed the lens and kept the glass, the first three elements were in their mount and I held it in front of a lens on the camera and it magnified hugely. So I glued a Cokin 52mm filter ring on to the back of the remains of the Tamron and it screws nicely onto a lens, such as the Mamiya Sekor 55 / 1.8 that I used for these pictures.
The front of the 'adapter' was about 2 inches from the focusing mark of the Jupiter 11.

I remember trying this thing some time ago and not being very impressed with it, but these results are a lot better. Perhaps the Mamiya suits it? more likely I was being more careful and just got better pictures.
It was a completely random project based on nothing more than a dead lens and idly holding part of it in front of a lens. I wonder what other old worthless zooms could be sacrificed?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job! Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done!. Quality of pictures seems good...
Thanks for sharing, a sound idea for broken lenses!.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

100% crop. Click image to see at 100%

On the screen at 100% the base of the arrow is 130mm, the actual size on the lens is 2.2mm.

Out of curiosity I tried two macro lenses.

Minolta Rokkor Macro 100 / 3.5 with matched extender.

Asahi Macro Takumar 50 / 4

The home made thing is wider, not quite 1:1, but it's no disgrace alongside a proper macro lens.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, superb results.