Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Home-made lens hood for Astro-Berlin APO-Telastan 600/5.6
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:43 am    Post subject: Home-made lens hood for Astro-Berlin APO-Telastan 600/5.6 Reply with quote

I always though the lens hood of the Astro 600/5.6 APO-Telastan (~5cm, plus a couple of cm gain from the recessed front element) was on the short side, especially when considering the much longer version of the Astro 640/5 Fernbildlinse:

I found an appropriate length of 5" seamless alu pipe (6061-T6 sch. 40) that had the right i.d. in order to fit over the original lens hood; with some good quality self-adhesive felt material applied on the inner surface of the pipe I managed to get a very tight fit without the need to epoxy anything, here's the result:

I expect a dramatic improvement in terms of flare resistance, now looking forward to some nice weather conditions in order to test the set-up.