Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

HK Photo Equipment Flea Market 2014 Brief Report
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:06 pm    Post subject: HK Photo Equipment Flea Market 2014 Brief Report Reply with quote

I went to the Photo Equipment Flea Market today. It is an part of the Hong Kong International Photo Festival 2014.

As the space is limited, the booths are more or less the same as two years ago

Another view

Most booths are selling manual focus lens

A small number of them selling films and accessories

Some of them are well-known sellers, like kevincameras

And sk_photo

Here are few more photos...
a)

b)

c)

Many items displayed are expensive lenses or camera. It is almost impossible to find bargains. I ended up collecting few name cards and some free souvenirs.

Thanks for viewing. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't expected to see that!! Here it is similar, not really worth going anymore, prices dominated by ebay.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. It is not a good chance to buy things but it is nice to see lots of expensive stuff there. However, I never to expensive stuff because I am afraid of an accidental damaging the expensive lenses which cost up to 100K+ HKD.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much!
Sometimes I buy on German camera flea markets some defect lenses for parts, or small parts, or "unknown" lenses with not reputation/bad reputation. Those things are cheap, and cause one could buy several things, probable cheaper than on Ebay with additional shipping.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. There are lots cheap goodies on Germany as they are made locally. Sadly, there is no unknown lenses I can find in my visit.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meanwhile I don't go there to buy things anymore, I go there to meet some nice people who I always meet there. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing Calvin,I don't get to see markets like this and appreciate seeing something new.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the reply.

I am not familiar with most dealers there because I buy my lenses from Ebay. However, it is a good chance to see something you can't afford.