Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

hexanon 2.8/24
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: hexanon 2.8/24 Reply with quote

Hi

Some samples with this lens.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, the Hexanons have a great reputation. Perhaps I should get some?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful ! Surely David! Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
Very nice, the Hexanons have a great reputation. Perhaps I should get some?

I have most of them, you are more than welcome to borrow any that take your fancy. I have a couple of 'spares' you can have if you don' mind cleaning the very minor fungus out of them. There's a 1.8/40 and a 3.5/28 an I think a 3.5/135, I never got round to cleaning them as I have other copies.

I love the 2.8/24, one of my very favourite lenses, I was using it yesterday actually.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

470 bucks, is it too expensive for this lens?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that US dollars? If in very good condition, that would be okay I think. 400 would be better, but I suppose lens prices are a bit higher in the Far East then Europe where I am.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Is that US dollars? If in very good condition, that would be okay I think. 400 would be better, but I suppose lens prices are a bit higher in the Far East then Europe where I am.

yes in dollars Ian,
the seller said lens in mint condition.
but i think I will resist the urge to buy it, because otherwise I have to pay additional shipping cost which makes the cost more. Sad

btw, how much you pay for your lens Ian?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was extremely lucky with how I got mine, I bought a lot of Konica cameras and lenses, there were 8 lenses and two SLRs, I paid 240ukp and among the lenses was the 24mm, there was also a 3.2/135, 1.7/50, 4/21, 3.5/200 and I forget the rest.

I see the Hexanon 24mm for sale only infrequently, so hard to say what the current market value is, but I think 200-250ukp for a 'mint' one.

Keep an eye out for a Nikkor 24mm, I have the old single coated all metal one, it's as good as the Konica, I only paid 30ukp for mine, it's had a lot of use so the barrel has plenty of wear and the lens has a few scratches, but it shoots perfectly. Nikon totally dominated the professional market for 25 years so you see a lot of old Nikkors that were used by pros and show much wear, so they sell cheap, but in my experience, you have to be extremely unlucky to buy one that had suffered from all it's use, Nikkors of that period were built to laugh off anything a pro threw at them.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
I was extremely lucky with how I got mine, I bought a lot of Konica cameras and lenses, there were 8 lenses and two SLRs, I paid 240ukp and among the lenses was the 24mm, there was also a 3.2/135, 1.7/50, 4/21, 3.5/200 and I forget the rest.

I see the Hexanon 24mm for sale only infrequently, so hard to say what the current market value is, but I think 200-250ukp for a 'mint' one.

Keep an eye out for a Nikkor 24mm, I have the old single coated all metal one, it's as good as the Konica, I only paid 30ukp for mine, it's had a lot of use so the barrel has plenty of wear and the lens has a few scratches, but it shoots perfectly. Nikon totally dominated the professional market for 25 years so you see a lot of old Nikkors that were used by pros and show much wear, so they sell cheap, but in my experience, you have to be extremely unlucky to buy one that had suffered from all it's use, Nikkors of that period were built to laugh off anything a pro threw at them.

I regret asking you, makes me so jealous! Evil or Very Mad
Laughing
I also consider the nikkor, which is much cheaper.
you've tried both, according to your experience, which one is better in terms of barrel distortion?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am selling all of my konicas....

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kiruajon wrote:
I am selling all of my konicas....

why are you selling all your Konicas?
already bored or dissatisfied with your Konicas or what?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh non I'm very satisfied !
I just want to get modern lenses for my travels (a sigma 30 and and tele) so I'm selling my collection of manual lenses.

hexanon lenses are just wonderful.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another option is the FD SSC 24/2.8 it costs less(I paid $125) and I'd put head to dead with the Konica, it's sharp wide open already on my NEX-7.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kopi234 wrote:
I also consider the nikkor, which is much cheaper.
you've tried both, according to your experience, which one is better in terms of barrel distortion?

With both the Konica and the Nikkor, I have never noticed barrel distortion, not saying it wasn't there,but it was small enough it wasn't apparent.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kopi234 wrote:
470 bucks, is it too expensive for this lens?

Another lens which is expensive is the Minolta Rokkor x 24mm.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, too expensive, I rate it to 150-200 USD zone, if rarer latest version may higher , but not 400 for sure.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
Another option is the FD SSC 24/2.8 it costs less(I paid $125) and I'd put head to dead with the Konica, it's sharp wide open already on my NEX-7.

thanks for the response
I would consider canon fd 24mm, reasonable price to me, it could be an alternate option.

Attila wrote:
yes, too expensive, I rate it to 150-200 USD zone, if rarer latest version may higher , but not 400 for sure.

I think so Attila, finally I decided to buy a mirrorless camera instead of buying the lens and wait for cheaper auction.