Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Here's my new Bessie
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Here's my new Bessie Reply with quote

Here she is all dressed up:

Flek 2.8/20

Flek 4/20

Flek 2.4/35

Orestor 2.8/100

Primotar 3.5/80

@ Orio: Something you may need to know - you can't use lenses with a rear "nose" like the Biotar 2/58 or Flek 2.8/35 on the Bessaflex TM as the nose fouls the pin pusher in the camera and as a result it can't fire the shutter until you unscrew the lens.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice clothes ! Is your Primotar also a crap one ?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much so - it's not bad but then it's not particularly great either. Apparently it was a standard lens for the Praktisix at one time.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black is also pretty Bob - did you too have been surprised by the small size of the Bessie?
The pic with the Flek 4/20 really shows it's small!
Strange what you say about the Flek 35 - I'll give it a try.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This definitely is a beautiful cam!!!
And your lenses suit it well.
Great!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Orio: Note that it's the 2.8 Flek 35 alu finish preset version I found that fouls the pusher - it's very similar in construction to the Biotar 58. The 2.4 Flek 35 is OK as is the Meyer Lydith/Pentacon 3.5/30.

Regarding the size, it's about the same size as a Praktica BC-1 so it didn't come as too much of a surprise, although I believe it's also used as the basis for Cosina's Bessa RF series so that might be why it's quite small. Then again, next to a 5D, it is small.

@ Carsten: Thanks - it's a lovely bit of kit and it feels good to use. Only thing I noticed was that the shutter speed dial indications don't quite line up with the index mark on the pentaprism, but I can live with that.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice camera, Bob! Looks quite stately clad in black...

Bill

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bill. Very Happy

Looks like I must have got one of the last black ones from Robert White as they've now no stock left apart from the silver like Orio's.