Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help with replacing worn bayonet of Contax Zeiss 35/1.4 AEG
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 6:41 am    Post subject: Help with replacing worn bayonet of Contax Zeiss 35/1.4 AEG Reply with quote

Hello everyone, I bought a used Contax Zeiss 35/1.4 AEG version. The bayonet is so worn out that it doesn't "click" or physically lock on to my lens adapters (Metabones C/Y-NEX Speed Booster and generic C/Y-NEX Adapter).

I'd like to replace it with a new (or "newer") AEG bayonet, but not surprisingly these don't seem to be made anymore, and I might have to buy another AE lens to use as a "donor." If anyone knows where I could find a spare bayonet (or has one to sell) please let me know.

And the piece I am referring to is this very one:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody know?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:24 pm    Post subject: Y\C mount Reply with quote

I needed a C\Y mount and just got a defect Yashica lens. Cheaper than a defect Zeiss, but same mount. Be careful when removing the mount in case the very small aperture-click ball jumps out and disappears.

p.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure it's the lens at fault? Do you have another similar lens to try that works? Just that the picture isn't showing much wear that I can see and the adaptors are, in my experience, quite variable. I've had to tweak them to get my C/Y lenses to fit properly.