Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help with NEX adapter!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:03 pm    Post subject: Help with NEX adapter! Reply with quote

Hi guys, I'm new to photography and mf lenses. I just ordered a Pentax screw mount PENTACON 50mm f1.8 multi coating lens from ebay to use with my NEX 3N. I am not sure which adapter should I buy for it. Embarassed
Is it the M42 to NEX adapter ?....or PK-NEX adapter ?...or any other ? Confused
Thanks in advance!

Pic
s30.postimg(dot)org/trot2nk29/image.jpg
s30.postimg(dot)org/71po9o0up/image.jpg

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Help with NEX adapter! Reply with quote

Raziel666 wrote:
Hi guys, I'm new to photography and mf lenses. I just ordered a Pentax screw mount PENTACON 50mm f1.8 multi coating lens from ebay to use with my NEX 3N. I am not sure which adapter should I buy for it. Embarassed
Is it the M42 to NEX adapter ?....or PK-NEX adapter ?...or any other ? Confused
Thanks in advance!

Pic
s30.postimg(dot)org/trot2nk29/image.jpg
s30.postimg(dot)org/71po9o0up/image.jpg

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome to the forum.

You require the M42 to NEX adapter.

BTW, links and photos don't show up in your first post, you'll be ok from now on. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DigiChromeEd wrote:
Hi and welcome to the forum.

You require the M42 to NEX adapter.

BTW, links and photos don't show up in your first post, you'll be ok from now on. Smile

Ah Thank you so much! gonna order the adapter now. Razz
Sorry didn't know about the pic, thanks for the help!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum. Please let us know what gear you have got. I guarantee you will have doubled it within a few months. Such is the allure of excellent, cheap old lenses.

Oh, by the way PK-NEX is for Pentax bayonet lenses.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I regularly order adapters from big_is on ebay and the quality is really good, with quite fast shipping and reasonable price, you can consider that. If you're getting into using manual lenses, it's better to spend some extra money on PK-NEX adapter (for Pentax bayonet mount) and some M39-M42 rings. From my experience, these lenses (M42, M39, Pentax bayonet mount) are very easy to get with low price and are the most common one, so you don't have to wait for ordering adapters once you can get the lens.