Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help with kiev 4/ Conta II cameras
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:19 pm    Post subject: Help with kiev 4/ Conta II cameras Reply with quote

Hallo,
I am a new registered on the site and on the forum.
I hope I won t do anything wrong.
I need help from some experienced rangefinder user...
I bought an old contax II camera which has a broken shutter...
The camera arrived with the 50mm f/2 lens and the biogon 35mm f/2.8 lens...
I wanted to try out the lenses so I bought a kiev 4 camera.
The shutter of the kiev 4 camera works fine but the focusing is totally stuck. It is locked on the infinite marking.
I did push the little lever and I have seen inside of the lens mount that the little lock thing moved out of the way but still there is no way to move the focusing eighter using the little finger wheel close to the rangefinder window eighter trying to move the lens focusing ring...

So I mad the terrible mistake to mount on the kiev camera the biogon lens...

The lens clicked in and now I am not able to take the lens off...

I 'am asking if is there a reason why the biogon lens is stuck if the focusing mount of the camera is not turning.
Second I ask if it could be possible that the focusing doesn t work because of stuck old grease inside the camera and if is there a way to unstuuck it, maybe warming up the camera?

Thank you all in advance, any help is welcome.

Matteo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Matteo!

Somebody should be along soon to answer your question.

Meanwhile please delete your duplicate message http://forum.mflenses.com/help-with-kiev-4-conta-ii-cameras-t83465.html by clicking on right-side button with red X, then answer yes next page. Thanks!