Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help with E.Ludwig Meritar 2.9/50
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:43 pm    Post subject: Help with E.Ludwig Meritar 2.9/50 Reply with quote

Hi, I'm a newbie to manual lenses.....well photography in general. But have discovered I like old manual lenses and not doing everything on auto settings!!
I've bought a cheap E.Ludwig Meritar 2.9/50 it appears to have slight fungus on the front and middle elements. Whilst I am a newbie I'm not daunted by cleaning my own lenses when I can. In fact budget restraints demand that I do where ever possible. I have invested in some good quality screw drivers and have found an old pair of callipers....modified slightly make excellent spanners, I have successfully resurrected 2 infected lenses and a couple with oily blades. How ever I cannot find any way of opening up the Meritar to clean it.
Does anyone here know how to, searching the forums and Google didn't yield and answers.
Thanks
Toby

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Toby! Hopefully you will get an answer.