Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help with a tokina RMC 17mm 3.5 (FIXED)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:12 pm    Post subject: Help with a tokina RMC 17mm 3.5 (FIXED) Reply with quote

Hi,
Today I recieved my M42 tokina RMC 17mm 3.5, the lend is in very good condition, all but the metal part where you would put the lens hood and the filter, it is quite loose. I have removed the rubber band but there are small screws that had nothing todo with this part(i Think) so I imagine you have to remove the part where all the letters and serial number are written. I could allway ask for I refund but the lens optically I would say is in good shape and this problem is more anoying than anything else; also it cost me 69€, which I think is fair

Lens pictures

Full image, resized with eos 5d, f11

100% center crop

Left corner 100% crop, you can see some CAs

Regards

Last edited by seta666 on Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:38 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have modified your lens pictures to show as red crosses, as they were TOO large. Please resize those pictures (max. 1024 pixels wide) and post them again. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see, while I was modifing the post and adding links to the pictures you edited the post too.
No worries, I did it again
Regards

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fixed it, was very easy. I had to unscew the balck rim whith the tokina green letters, then the front element. Behind it were 3 small screws, which I tightened.
Now its perfect,first time I fix something, normally I just brake things Wink