Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help required with Voigtlander color-skopar X. 1:2.8/50
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:01 pm    Post subject: Help required with Voigtlander color-skopar X. 1:2.8/50 Reply with quote

Hi folks, I gone and dun a stooped thing!

Is anyone familiar with the order of how the rings go back, including where the spring attaches? One end is obvious, the other end is why I began taking the rings off - I couldn't find where it located. I'm asking because I've found nothing to help on the internet, but if I've missed it, a picture of how it should look back there, or a schematic would be a godsend.

Thanks. Some pics -

The aperture ring stopped working so I laid out a tea-towel and took the back off. One end of a spring (there's two) fell away as I lifted the back, so I may have found the culprit, I'm not sure.

To see where the spring end located I had to begin lifting the various rings out, carefully noting their position and placing them on the tea-towel in the position and order they went back.

I got a call, so flipped the unused half of the tea-towel over the disassembled parts and headed out. Some hours later I returned, walked into the kitchen, decided to wash the dishes and grabbed the tea-towel..... the disassembled bits flew acoss the kitchen floor. A spring was only found yesterday after two weeks, in the living room and about 8m from the incident [go figure].

Embarassed .

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the case help is still needed:
In this thread there are some photos of disassembled DKL lenses - not the Color Skopar but a Voigtländer 135/4 and a Schneider-Kreuznach(?) 50/2,8.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anthracite wrote:
For the case help is still needed:
In this thread there are some photos of disassembled DKL lenses - not the Color Skopar but a Voigtländer 135/4 and a Schneider-Kreuznach(?) 50/2,8.

Thanks Anthracite. Funnily enough I found a vid just last night that showed the disassembly and reassembly of a Schneider-Kreuznach 50.2.8. It was similar enough to work out the order of assembly. Here it is -

What was really throwing me, and it didn't help that I couldn't stop fixating on it, was that I couldn't find a fixing point for the loose end of the 2nd spring. The vid showed that it shared an attachment point with the 1st spring. Duh!

I actually reassembled (after straightening a bent peg on the small cam, probably the root of the original problem) to the point of having just the final (far left) ring to place, but as the 2nd last ring is just a loose spacer, I need to fashion some pegs (needles in the screw holes will do) to keep it in place as it moves around every time you try to fit anything on top, and this blocks the screw holes. I had a frustrating half hour with that before I gave up last night.

Thanks again for the link. It's much appreciated.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciolist wrote:
but as the 2nd last ring is just a loose spacer, I need to fashion some pegs (needles in the screw holes will do) to keep it in place as it moves around every time you try to fit anything on top,

If you mean the 2nd ring from the left:
There is a small triangle with two little sticks - on your photo between the two rightmost rings - and that one connects the 2nd from the left with an other ring - might be that one in the middle, I'm not sure, that ring must have a little hole where one of the sticks can be put in. This triangle holds your "loose spacer" in position.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anthracite wrote:
Sciolist wrote:
but as the 2nd last ring is just a loose spacer, I need to fashion some pegs (needles in the screw holes will do) to keep it in place as it moves around every time you try to fit anything on top,

If you mean the 2nd ring from the left:
There is a small triangle with two little sticks - on your photo between the two rightmost rings - and that one connects the 2nd from the left with an other ring - might be that one in the middle, I'm not sure, that ring must have a little hole where one of the sticks can be put in. This triangle holds your "loose spacer" in position.

Yes, the 2nd ring from the left.

The 'small triangle with two sticks'(pictured above between the two rightmost rings) is what I call the 'small cam' and you are correct, the middle ring with the spring attached connects to the small cam via a peg on the ring which drops into a hole in the top of the small cam. What I wasn't aware of is that the small cam also holds the 'loose spacer' in position. I thought at the time it was pretty random for them not to have made it easier to set the spacer correctly. Hopefully I'll be able to try it out in the next few days.

Thanks for that Anthracite Like 1

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And most important:
Keep your patience!

You'll need more than one try before all fits in again correctly.
(I had to put together a VL Skoparet at least ten times, because always sth. was not in place or a spring sprung out again, until I was finally successful. But since then the lens works perfectly.)

Good luck.

Quote:
I thought at the time it was pretty random for them

Nothing is random in the DKL lenses. Cool