Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help request to fix a Pentax-A 50/2 ...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:58 pm    Post subject: Help request to fix a Pentax-A 50/2 ... Reply with quote

Hi all,

The title says (almost) all ...

A friend of mine gave me a nice Pentax-A 50/2, in very good conditions, except that ... the focusing ring is almost loose. Although it stops at the shortest focusing distance and at infinity, turning it has no effect on the optics, as if it were unengaged ...

And i don't have any clue about where to start to fix it ...

Do you have any idea ?

Thanks in advance for your replies ...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like the focus dial has become detached from the helicoid. I'm not familiar with Pentax-A lenses, but on the -M leneses there are six screwheads under the "name ring" round the front element (I know the name is engraved outside this ring on this lens, but you know what I mean). Three of the screws clamp the filter ring and the other three clamp the focus dial. I'd suggest you remove the name ring and see what you find.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your hint, Peter ...

I already did it and found only three screws under the name ring. I will try playing with them to see what happens ...