Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help removing P6 to M42 mount.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:34 pm    Post subject: Help removing P6 to M42 mount. Reply with quote

I have not posted any images because if you're familiar with this lens -you will have the answer, or maybe not.

I have a post war (zebra) Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar 180mm f2.8 in M42 mount.My understanding was that the M42 mount mount on these were P6 to M42 mounts.

I heard they're tough to unmount-requiring lots of torque, specially if they have not been opened in a long time. I left mine outside in the midday sun, hoping the heat would melt or loosen any gunk.

From an old post on photo.net HeRe -I read that the mount unscrews clockwise.

I have been trying to unscrew it (clockwise) but it still does not budge-are you aware of anything I may have overlooked? It would be nice to be able to get this to mount and unmount smoothly, so I could use the mount on other lenses.

Regards

Last edited by Kathmandu on Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:56 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

depend from mount some of russian made adapter hold with a screw. genuine east german mount tight enough to not stuck on it. Chinese made ones some times stuck on it. I am not familiar with this problem once I had a lens with stuck Chinese made Nikon adapter I sold them both.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
depend from mount some of russian made adapter hold with a screw. genuine east german mount tight enough to not stuck on it. Chinese made ones some times stuck on it. I am not familiar with this problem once I had a lens with stuck Chinese made Nikon adapter I sold them both.

Thanks for the fast response Attila-its the East German original one .

I am hoping to share the mount with my Jena Tessar 80mm f2.8 which has an Exakta 66 mount.. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This mount must be turn to one direction with force, I will check out later and inform you.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that a grub-screw hole I see on silver part of adapter ring, in photo immediately right of flash reflection?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
Is that a grub-screw hole I see on silver part of adapter ring, in photo immediately right of flash reflection?

There are no grub screw holes, there are some locks to lock the tripod collar.

Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oddly I googled this as I have just got my 180. The mount was off when I got it and I put it on loosely and mine has become jammed.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It turns clockwise - I had to use a strap wrench to undo it.