Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help on Voigtlander Vitomatic IIa Ultron 50mm f2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:17 pm    Post subject: Help on Voigtlander Vitomatic IIa Ultron 50mm f2 Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum but I've been lurking for a few years already.

I got the beautiful and rare Voigtländer Vitomatic IIa Ultron 50mm f2 from my grandma and borrowed it to a friend who studies art.
When I got it back it was moist all over and the shutter wouldn't release anymore.
In addition the exposuretime ring makes weird noises but seems to work, the top is loose.

I'm really sad.

So it's either repair or disassembly now.

Since I inherited this thing I'd like to repair it.
Should I get it done anywhere? How expensive would that be?
Could I do it myself? How? What tools would I need?

If that doesn't work I'd like to dismantle it and mount it to my Fuji with an adapter. I've got both the M42-FX and M39-FX as well as a smart adapter for M42. So M42 screwmount would be best.

Please help me.

I put my trust in you.

Last edited by Idyllion on Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idyllion wrote:
Hello everyone,

I got the beautiful and rare Voigtländer Vitomatic IIa Ultron 50mm f2 from my grandma and borrowed it to a friend who studies art.
When I got it back it was moist all over and the shutter wouldn't release anymore.
In addition the exposuretime ring makes weird noises but seems to work, the top is loose.

I'm really sad.

If that doesn't work I'd like to dismantle it and mount it to my Fuji with an adapter. I've got both the M42-FX and M39-FX as well as a smart adapter for M42. So M42 screwmount would be best.

Please help me.

I put my trust in you.

Glad to see you here.

Unfortunately you did not gice your thread a title, so no-one will fin dit here...

How about "Help on Voigtländer Vitomatic IIa Ultron 50mm f2 "?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Idyllion wrote:
Hello everyone,

I'm really sad.

Please help me.

I put my trust in you.

Glad to see you here.

Unfortunately you did not gice your thread a title, so no-one will fin dit here...

How about "Help on Voigtländer Vitomatic IIa Ultron 50mm f2 "?

We cannot open a new thread without any title...

I gauss the OP puts the 'ä' on the title. Use 'Voigtlander' instead of 'Voigtländer' should fix the problem. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixed it

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bring camera to repairman , majority of people can't fix by himself they are difficult constructions.
What is your location , what country ? Members can help with repair information.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hej,

I'm in Ingolstadt, Bavaria, Germany.
But also plenty often in Nürnberg or München/Munich.

Thank you for the help so far.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there anyway to use this Ultron lens adapted nowadays ? Prominent Ultron shows very nice rendering ,but not much info regarding this early version