Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help needed to open IPO shutter
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:35 pm    Post subject: Help needed to open IPO shutter Reply with quote

Has any of you folks opened and repaired IPO shutter?

I have a big question how to unlock the decorative outer plate and have access to the shutter mecanism? There is no screw, holes or any other trick on the front to liberate the plate. The only screw seems to hold the shutter range of speeds and not the plate. I even tried to detach the internal lens mount with force, no success.

The same from the back side of the whole mecanism block. There were three screws that were retaining shutter blades but you have no further access to the mecanism.

Do you know how to detach the assembly apart?

In general, the shutter gives an idea to be constructed in a different way than Zeiss ones. Zeiss shutters are made to be serviced, in case of problems. IPO ones seem to be made to work untill the first serious issue. It starts from the fact that the outer metal parts of IPO are fragile and break easily. OK, knowing that you shoudn't apply much forse. The aperture blades are really difficult to reassemble after you unscrew the upper retaining plate. I did not have any success and gave up, as I see no way to put all the pins on both blade sides precisely in the small holes of the two retaining plates.

Here is a general view, follwong the first move of opening, after which all went on the way of no-return.