Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

help me to buy : )
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:38 pm    Post subject: help me to buy : ) Reply with quote

hi guys , need your help!

i'm on buying some new stuffs, i need to buy a film camera and i don't really know which one to buy

actually i have some M42 mount lenses and i'm seeking for a body which is adoptable whit them ( but if the body is good enough i can ignore it)

these are the body's available in here as I've searched the stores: Yashica FX-3 & MG1 ; Canon AE-1 & FTB ; Praktica MTL5 & BC1 ; Minolta XG 1 ; Olympus om10 ; ( oh dude im confused!) ;

and i also have Nikon D3200 which is a f mount body does any of the named above has the same mount with my Nikon? i mean some how without a mount Filter i can use their lens on my D3200 body?

Thank you.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

None of the above will fit your Nikon, indeed each camera listed has a different mount.

OK the good news is that the M42 lenses will fit on a few of these cameras mentioned.

First the bad news, the MG1 is a rangefinder with a fixed lens so thats a no-go, the other Yashica may have an adapter to take M42 but it is unlikely you can focus on infinity, the same with the Olympus.

The Canon and the Minolta both have adapters that allow your lenses to focus to infinity. The Praktica has M42 as its native mount.

The canon adapter

I'd go for Canon or Minolta. The canon FTB is a fully manual camera, no electronics except for the meter, The AE-1 and the XG1 are both electronic and need batteries to operate. Not a problem though as they are easy enough to get. Not sure about your country though.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to use your M42 lenses, go with the Praktica. But the Minolta is probably the nicest and you can maybe get an adapter from M42 to Minolta's SR mount.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but the Praktica MC1 has a B-Mount Confused

and what about the MTb?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and which bodys can be used with a 50 mm f1.4 SSC canon lens?

only canon bodys?

and between all above you think is 'canon ftb with a 50 mm f 1.8 canon lens" could be considered as a good choice?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maziar wrote:
and which bodys can be used with a 50 mm f1.4 SSC canon lens?

only canon bodys?

and between all above you think is 'canon ftb with a 50 mm f 1.8 canon lens" could be considered as a good choice?

I think the FTb is a great choice. Robust, not battery dependent and compatible with M42 via a cheap adapter, (it will also take Nikon lenses - as long as they have an aperture ring. with a cheap adapter) and of course it's perfect for your 50mm f1.4 lens.

Canon has one of the shortest flange focal distance (thinnest bodies) so the 50mm f1.4 is unlikely to be of any use on another camera unless its for macro, and thats if you could get an adapter. It will of course be perfect on a mirrorless digital but thats not what you want.

The Praktica bayonet will not work with anything else, and I suspect there are not many adapters. Apart from M42. I'd forget that one. East German electronics...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My best advice: Buy one of the cameras I'm selling on eBay.

*I don't actually have any cameras on eBay right now.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you!

Canon FTb is available in a web page. could be a good choice

and about ebay, you can not shop on ebay in Iran , cause of the US sanctions we can not use visa cards ... etc and we can not pay on ebay.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: help me to buy : ) Reply with quote

Maziar wrote:
actually i have some M42 mount lenses and i'm seeking for a body which is adoptable whit them

Hi Maziar,

What M42 lenses do you have? If those are good quality lenses, I suggest you get yourself a
good M42 body, in addition to other suggestions made here. IMO the best and probably cheapest M42 body to get would be one of the old Cosina or Chinon M42 bodies from the 1970s. They also come in many other brand names. They are very durable, have a metal shutter with 1/125s flash synchronization speed Some of them have a shutter speed of 1/2000 and automatic exposure. One of the best such bodies is the Memotron CE/Memotron CE II. All such cameras are fairly cheap and quite dependable.

It's a shame you can't use Ebay in Iran, but if you see something worthwhile, I am willing to help and forward it to you.

Cheers

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:41 am    Post subject: Re: help me to buy : ) Reply with quote

konicamera wrote:
Maziar wrote:
actually i have some M42 mount lenses and i'm seeking for a body which is adoptable whit them

Hi Maziar,

What M42 lenses do you have? If those are good quality lenses, I suggest you get yourself a
good M42 body, in addition to other suggestions made here. IMO the best and probably cheapest M42 body to get would be one of the old Cosina or Chinon M42 bodies from the 1970s. They also come in many other brand names. They are very durable, have a metal shutter with 1/125s flash synchronization speed Some of them have a shutter speed of 1/2000 and automatic exposure. One of the best such bodies is the Memotron CE/Memotron CE II. All such cameras are fairly cheap and quite dependable.

It's a shame you can't use Ebay in Iran, but if you see something worthwhile, I am willing to help and forward it to you.

Cheers

Thank you! I'm Really gratefull!

I have a 135mm f 3.5 and a Helios 44 2 ( 58mm F2)

Im searching for a FTb now i guess i buy it next week

but a question Does The black body is differ from the silver body?

they come i two different prices : |

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for M42 Pentax cameras are an obvious choice, a Spotmatic or the last of the M42 Pentax cameras, an ESII: http://www.pentaxforums.com/camerareviews/pentax-es-ii.html