Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help identify what this Corfield lens fits?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:09 am    Post subject: Help identify what this Corfield lens fits? Reply with quote

Hello to all, I don't usually have too much problem with identifying lenses and what they fit etc but the following has me beat. Lens ia a Corfield England APO Lumar 1:3.5/50 39 screw fit that has no focusing ability but does have a f stop ring. One suggestion was it is an enlarging lens but I would like to know what the forum members think. BTW it is a german lens.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would go for enlarger lens, because no focus. Alternatives are folding camera lens or one designed for copy/repro use on bellows ???

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any photo's of it?

Is it actually M39x1 or is it just close to that size and you are assuming it's M39?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right I am assuming it is 39 screw, as only camera I have that is 39 screw is a leica I am selling for £600 so don't want to try on that .
I can't think of any other lens I have ever seen that doesn't have focus apart from old folders and this lens is no older than 50s so will go with enlarger lens. no photos sorry.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

update. I have a periflex gold star so tried it on that and it fits like a good un, does that mean its not a enlarger and more likely a repro lens?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is an enlarging lens the numbers are engraved "upside down" so that it would read correctly when the lens is pointing down.

But I have a feeling that it would be a short-mount close-up lens for use with bellows.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I think that may solve it as numbers read correctly when pointing down, will call it an enlarging lens.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enlarger or repro, some repro lenses also have the numers upside down because they were designed to be used pointing downwards on a copy stand.