Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help Identify a Lens Mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:54 am    Post subject: Help Identify a Lens Mount Reply with quote

Hi Folks,

Got this lens with a bundle of others a few days ago but I can't figure out what mount it uses. Closest thing I can find is Pentax-K but it won't fit on any of my Pentax bodies or adaptors.

The lens is nothing special really but interested to know what it fits to nonetheless. It's a Sirius 28-200 F/4-5.6 and it has an enormous front element!

These were taken with a Nex-5R and a Vivitar Series 1 105mm f/2.5 VMC 1:1 (which is the lens I bought this bundle for!

[Edit: Looks like the image embedding didn't work so replacing with flickr Links]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pentax K-mount variation. My first guess KA.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it's KA. According to the spec for that mount the lens would have an A selection on the aperture ring and there would be a moving ball bearing on the mount which would lock into place to indicate the A-aperture selection to the camera. This lens doesn't have either of these. I think the KA mount would also be physically backwards compatible with the normal K mount but this won't fit.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Praktica B mount.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
Praktica B mount.

That's the one!

Cheers. Have not come across this mount before. I guess it must be relatively uncommon given how few B mount - Nex adaptors there are on Ebay. Maybe not worth it in this case since the adaptors start at £30!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes ita PB mount - an adapter is here Click here to see on Ebay
I have a couple of these and they are pretty good lenses with a great range. Worth getting one. Mine have been in Miranda, Sigma and Vivitar brands and are identical.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
Yes ita PB mount - an adapter is here Click here to see on Ebay
I have a couple of these and they are pretty good lenses with a great range. Worth getting one. Mine have been in Miranda, Sigma and Vivitar brands and are identical.

Cheers, That adaptor is reasonably priced. Might give it a go in that case.

The lens is in pretty good shape except for a small scratch on the front element. No visible dust or Fungus, which is more than I can say for my modern Sony SEL18200 (lots of dust specks).

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks the same as this hanimex 28-200 that i wrote this review of ... Sad

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted some photos of a test I did a while back with this lens but unfortunately the pics have vanished from the forum.
here are some. No PP

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those pics aren't bad at all! Might hold onto this one and give it a spin when I get an adaptor. It was basically free anyway because I was buying a kit to get my hands on a Vivitar 1:1 Macro.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw one of these the other day, excellent condition - OM mount - and £30 in a local charity shop. Way to expensive for me. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
I saw one of these the other day, excellent condition - OM mount - and £30 in a local charity shop. Way to expensive for me. Wink

You know what the problem with OM mounts on the NEX is. The 28-200 fell off my camera when I was shooting in the park in the photos. OM lenses are easy to disengage from the adapter.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
Lloydy wrote:

You know what the problem with OM mounts on the NEX is. The 28-200 fell off my camera when I was shooting in the park in the photos. OM lenses are easy to disengage from the adapter.

Damn right, I had a big Tamron zoom fall off, luckily onto grass. The lens release button is so easy to catch when it's 20mm or so away from the camera body. I rarely use my OM lenses now for this reason. I modified my Minolta adapter before I lost a lens, and I will do the OM. I'll make a post when I do it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen OM lenses threaten to pop off as well on my Sonys, although I love the mount, it's so easy to use. I have great lenses in Canon FD but loathe trying to get them on and off the adapter properly.