Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

HELIOS TELE AUTO F:4.5 F=300 MM
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject: HELIOS TELE AUTO F:4.5 F=300 MM Reply with quote

Never heard of this helios!

anybody with experience with this lens?

Guido

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neither did I but I guess that could be a Tair.
Sorin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or it could be a Japanese Helios-wannabe.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you show pictures from this lens ?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This should be the lens!

Guido

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the lens list of the lenses on the picture!

AUTO CHINON 1:1.9 50 MM 49

AUTO CHININ 1:2.8 F=135 MM NR 577180

IFOCO AUTO 1:2.8 F=28 MM 55 NR 10241

HELIOS TELE AUTO F:4.5 F=300 MM 72 NR 544763_1

Guido

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Himself wrote:
Neither did I but I guess that could be a Tair.
Sorin

Yes, that's what I thought. Sometimes the TAIRs are offered as Zenit or Helios...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These lensnames come from the filterring?

Guido

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am pretty sure this lens has no relation to Tair or any other Russian makers.Rather a crap Japanese lens, they bought Carl Zeiss Jena and Helios name when communism was close to end. Quality is much different than genuine lenses have. If you look the lens finish they are very close to each other.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I am pretty sure this lens has no relation to Tair or any other Russian makers.Rather a crap Japanese lens, they bought Carl Zeiss Jena and Helios name when communism was close to end. Quality is much different than genuine lenses have. If you look the lens finish they are very close to each other.

hmm.. you are saying close.. I am seeing the same rubber grip.... May be from the same rubber mat is used for all...
I also have of these Japanese crap (most).. low in contrast, weird colors..
but again, sometimes you can be lucky..

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Balu if you can get extra cheap , try it. If not ok throw out, if fine keep it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, after having seen the picture, I agree. It is not a Tair 300 version.
So, really, try it if you can get it cheaply.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitly no Helios from the former SU. "Our" Helios is based on the optical Biotar-Scheme, so the longest focal length that was build by KMZ and others was 85mm.

I've seen lens of this kind often, I also think it's japanese or korean.

Michael

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not even try it. The reputation of Japanese Helioses is dubious to say the least.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with others. To me it looks like a cheap lens. The green on it reminds me a few inc Hamimex. The line up it is with also say 'Cheap bought at local electric chain store' (UK read Dixons)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still, if you can get it cheap, go for it!

I've got a Hanimex Tele-Lens 4/100

and a Greens London 3.5/135

and also a Weltblick 3.5/135

Each of these lenses bear the name of a "cheap" brand and each of them is surprisingly good, although I got them for under € 10,- each.

What I want to say, you always should try a lens first. Even the "cheap" ones can surprise you.
OK, you most probably won't get a high-end performance for little money, but sometimes lenses are better than you expect.

Carsten

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree, I test almost every lens under 20 EUR, except Hanimex, Soligor etc Smile)) kidding.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed you can get some good ones. Mine was a 'Dollands' 200mm. It reminds me of the CZ in that it is sharp but very smooth with it. Must admit I hardly use it but at a cost of ?5 it is worth keeping. Tamrons are of course always surprissing me. The last BIG surprise was the 80-210 model 103A which I only bought for the M42 mount on it. The lens was in the cupboard for about a year till somebody started posting pictures from one. I took it and gave it a good try and Wow this little lens should have been SP.
Must not forget it also goes the other way. I was over the moon to be offered the Vivitar Series 1 f4.5 450mm Solid Cat mirror. It was claimed to be the only one in the UK (From Vivitar's Showroom) I was lent the lens for a whole week and couldn't get a sharp picture from it. Considering they wanted ?200 for the lens it was the worse buy I have seen. What yours?