Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Helios MC 44M-6 2/58mm vr. TESSAR Carl Zeiss Jena 2.8/50mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:49 am    Post subject: Helios MC 44M-6 2/58mm vr. TESSAR Carl Zeiss Jena 2.8/50mm Reply with quote

The test was performed very quickly because of the lack of time but i'll provide more information and photos in the next week.

The EXIF is available in the full size photos, so if You need any additional info, please download the file and see the EXIF info. What You may not find in the EXIF is the aperture, the Helios photo is ~f/2.4 and CZJ f/2.8.

The conclusion: i think that i have great Helios exemplar and the bad one Tessar. I've read that the Helios reaches ~38 lines and this Tessar even ~76 lines but in this comparison we can see that the details and sharpness are definitely better on the photos taken using Helios (lok on the "roof" texture). As i said before, i still think that CZJ should be better and the CZ exemplar is one of the bad one if it's possible.

To be continued...

Helios MC 44M-6 2/58mm

TESSAR Carl Zeiss Jena 2.8/50mm

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

38 lines per mm are true, but for older Helios models. 44M-6 MC is one of the best models and reaches 45/25 (centre/borders):

http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic,p,95951.html#95951

Which Tessar do you have? I think that the alu 50/2.8 isn't based on the same optical design, as the version from sixties, which is likely based on recalculated optical formula.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have such one:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the latest model, which should be good.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately. As You can see i know how to take sharp photos - it's not the ability issue - but this CZJ isn't very sharp itself. I'll try later taking the pictures using higher aperture values on both lenses.