Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Helios 44M 58/2 - Canon EOS300 - Fuji Superia 200 - C&C
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have got nice pictures from Superia 200, X-TRA 400,Kodak gold and ultra max 400 when I was close but terrible colors when the distance was great. Kind of muddy colors. Kodak Ektar 100, Portra 160NC ,400NC, Fuji 160s and Reala 100 worked great at all distances.

I had several rolls of film ruined by a local lab in the last few years. Until I realized it was them I thought it was something I did. I don't go there any more. I would try some place else for the next roll.

I ran your picture through PS5 to find the white, black and neutral points and this is what I got. Is this closer?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, a lot. Yes, that's much better. I didn't think of film as requiring lots of post-process Very Happy And I'll follow your advice regarding labs

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ylyad wrote:
I didn't think of film as requiring lots of post-process Very Happy

Just same than digital, if everything not require any post process,if something went wrong and you try to save image have to work on it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my scanner yesterday (Epson v330 photo, I will give more detailed feedback later but I'm very positively satisfied), passed the same roll in it, here are the results on the same shots as above:

These are straight out of the scanner, and clearly better than the one scanned at the lab!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess this is exactly what you did see with your eyes, looks nice!