Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Helios 44M 2/58 aperture control half stop ball and spring
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: Helios 44M 2/58 aperture control half stop ball and spring Reply with quote

How do you get it back? It is easy to get the full stop ball and spring but the two should be fitted at the same time. I think one could press the ball down with a very thin piece of steel or some other material from inside the control ring?

Got this lens with some other repair stuff. It was assembled somewhat wrong and focus didn't go closer that 0,7 instead of the 0,55 that it should. Fun assembly task. All kinds of small tricks and lots of metal. Here is the lens:

Here sample picture. It really focuses right now. Exactly 1 meter distance and wide open.

Scaled:

Cropped:

By the way, don't try to use these Fujinon-lenses with adapter. They just don't fit.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate those ball-bearings apertures. Did anybody notice? Laughing

One day when I have money to trash I'll take all my lenses to a technician and ask him to custom modify them from ball bearings aperture to continuous aperture.

I wonder if it's technically possible...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to use it without but it moved too lightly. Should have inserted some sticky substance instead of grease.

Are you sure that the ball bearings are the problem. It is easy to get them off but a nighmare to get them back. Twisted Evil