Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Helios 44 again ...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:44 pm    Post subject: Helios 44 again ... Reply with quote

Wondering if someone has ever seen this version ? It exactly has the same form factor as the 44-3 ! (.. and should I get it ? Wink )

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last of the 44-2 just before 44M I think, then 44M-3....
I think it’s one of the less common 44’s, should be as good as those I’ve mentioned in this post.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last version of the 44-2, sharing the newer 44-3 design.
Be careful if you are using a Pentax DSLR (and maybe others), as the focusing ring protrudes back and touches the camera. A (pretty easy) fix is needed.
IQ wise, should be equal to the "regular" 44-2 as it is non-MC. (Its succesor 44-3 is MC).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, It struck me as I have an Helios 44-3 (latest version, no grinding needed) and it looks identical except for the color of the markings and the mention on the name ring.
Still looking for a decent older version of a "simple" 44-2 at an acceptable price. Most of the time the optics seem "hazy" and I don't feell like starting with dismantling a new acquisition.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rigel wrote:
Thanks, It struck me as I have an Helios 44-3 (latest version, no grinding needed) and it looks identical except for the color of the markings and the mention on the name ring.
Still looking for a decent older version of a "simple" 44-2 at an acceptable price. Most of the time the optics seem "hazy" and I don't feell like starting with dismantling a new acquisition.

I don't blame you, I much prefer a nice clean lens that hasn't been opened like a door of a public washroom.