Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Helios 44-3 2/58mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Helios 44-3 2/58mm Reply with quote

I recently bought at Ebay a Helios 44-3 2/58mm trying to use it in my Pentax K10D.
I have the M42 adaptor for it. But, due to the Helios focal ring to touch the body of the camera I can't rotate it when it is completly attached. Loosing a little bit I can rotate but I can´t focus. Crying or Very sad
There is some solution for it? The lens is in perfect optical and ahestetical conditions.
Thanks

Last edited by paulo on Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:59 pm; edited 11 times in total

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi paulo and welcome !

Funny enought, I've tried yesterday my Helios-44-2 on my brother's K10D and got the same problem : the lens does not touch the body mount but only the adapter: it is not well secured, so I've removed it and haven't see if there were any focus fproblem...

Unfortunately I guess that to resolve the problem, which include the need of a thin metal spacer with the diameter of the k10D mount, you will have to modify the default infinity focus setting of the lens.

Another solution is to get a later H-44-2 version with largeur mount base.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone tell me how can I upload a picture in a topic. I have tried in many ways but without any result.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You first have to put your pic somewhere on the web (Flickr, Picasa, Imagehackus, your website, blog ...)

Then copy the URL of the picture (not the webpage) : left click on it, then 'Properties', copy the URL.

In your post, click on the "Img" button, paste the URL, another "Img" button click and that's all.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to aboard Paulo!

Your link is wasn't worked, because your link not a normal image url (end with .jpg)

At the end of post message box you can see a title Add an Image

Browse your images from local disk and click "host it!"

After all Imageshack site comes and copy here "hot link for forums (1)" content.

This is an another solution to show images.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, Paulo!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Paulo.
It is a long time that I am planning to visit Portugal. I hope that in the meantime you will show me some nice pictures.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Paulo - you will find a lot of knowledgeable people here. I ask
questions all the time

patrickh

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Helios 44-3 2/58mm Reply with quote

paulo wrote:
There is some solution for it?

I have some solution in mind but it require some DIY metal grinding.

More to come - I need to fix that great littler H-44-2 for my borther too !

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it seats on the K10D metal mount or just the M42 ring adatper ?
Close picture would be welcome Wink

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, that's the "original" version without focusing problems. I think Paolo means the version you see in Attilas Post from MMZ/Belomo. The focal ring is at the very back of the lens. I can use this lens with a M42-EOS Adapter with a very small embossment in the center so that the focal ring hardly not touches the adapter. But for Pentax with the same register distance as M42 there is no room for such an embossment.

Michael

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all your help and information. Now I can show my Helios 44-3 lens:

I have the propper M42 adapter for Pentax K10 D and atached to my K10D it stays like this:

So, As you can see in the photo above (green arrow) it stays at the same level of the camera body:

The focus ring is blocked because it touch the camera body. I don't know how I can solve this problem.

Niblue, I think your lens is a little bit different of mine or maybe you are using another M42 adapter.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, that's more clear. I have the same lens as niblue and it seats just on the adaptater as on his pic, but the adapter ring rotate a little bit (it's an official Pentax one) when you play with focus or aperture rings... I don't feel secure with it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Steve for your report.