Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Helios 40-2 - portrait lens for sure...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Helios 40-2 - portrait lens for sure... Reply with quote

Yesterday my daughter allowed me to take a few pictures of her. The negotiation was hard and had something to do with printing her a picture of her choice before bedtime Very Happy

Very different ones, at first something for grandmothers...
Helios 40-2, f2.8, light from window, ISO800 denoised

And now not for parents:
"STOP TAKING PICTURES OF ME!!!"

1. Stage:

and 2. Stage:

Michael

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh boy, what a portrait ! Your daughter just perfect model! I like the first one very much and like the colour version from another one. Eyes... I always look eyes on a portraits these are beautiful! Well done !

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AWWWW-W-W your daughter is so cute!!! Very Happy

I totally agree the Helios-40-2 has the Magic with the capital M!!
I keep watching the warm soft B&W and the slightly cool delicate colors of the second picture and I can not decide myself which I like better!

I suspend judgement on the third picture as the subject was clearly stormy Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael, from the father of a 32-year old, believe me when I tell you that in many years' time you will come to treasure picture No 1 - Beautiful!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
Michael, from the father of a 32-year old, believe me when I tell you that in many years' time you will come to treasure picture No 1 - Beautiful!

He will treasure every one of them.
And not only him - his daughter will, too!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a cute girl! And what a fantastic portrait!
No. 1 is perfect!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job, Michael! All three are keepsakes! Smile

Bill

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
peterqd wrote:

I wonder how we can persist against her strong will the next years. Very Happy Sometimes I'm envy about you and attila, you survived the hardest time. Very Happy

Thanks for your nice comments guys. This is my kind of photography, I like available light portraits most. I can't publish many of them, because most people didn't want to see her portraits in the net. This is the reason why I'm always showing pictures with members of my family ...

Michael

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Borges wrote:
... This is my kind of photography, I like available light portraits most ...

100% agreed!

And I also know the "problem" that people do not want their pictures published.