Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

HELIOS 40-2 (N)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 7:24 am    Post subject: HELIOS 40-2 (N) Reply with quote

Hi,
recently I was in Italy for a short holiday and took a lot of pictures with the Helios 44. I like very much this lens and after some research I found that there is just as legendary Helios 40-2 85mm f1.5 portrait lens.

Checking on ebay I understand that there is a new version of this lens released not long ago, sometime designed with Helios 40-2-N.

Now the question is: as the old and the new one are on the same price level, which one I should buy in your opinion? Are they optically equivalent?

Thank you.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 9:19 am    Post subject: Re: HELIOS 40-2 (N) Reply with quote

wolan wrote:
Hi,
recently I was in Italy for a short holiday and took a lot of pictures with the Helios 44. I like very much this lens and after some research I found that there is just as legendary Helios 40-2 85mm f1.5 portrait lens.

Checking on ebay I understand that there is a new version of this lens released not long ago, sometime designed with Helios 40-2-N.

Now the question is: as the old and the new one are on the same price level, which one I should buy in your opinion? Are they optically equivalent?

Thank you.

By far not, the older can still be found quite chepaer and honestly I prefer the old version ...

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opticaly, they are identical excepted coating.
The new version have advantage to be proposed in Nikon mount (N) (also in Canon (C) but it's less interesting).

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the older the better Laugh 1

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've recently had a chance to try the latest one (2015? version) and liked it better than the old ones. Guess I'm the weird one around here Laughing