Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Heilomar 50mm 2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  


PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:24 pm    Post subject: Heilomar 50mm 2.8 Reply with quote

Can someone identify this M42 lens please


PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steinheil? Ends with -ar so probably budget line?


PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never seen that name. Do you have other images? Profile? What type of mount is it? If you don't know perhaps a photo?


PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't that a 2.9 marking on the barrel?


PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://allphotolenses.com/lenses/item/c_534.html

I would say it’s that one.


PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barberpics, Welcome to MFL! You can save confusion by replying to a thread instead of starting a new one.


PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blotafton wrote:
Isn't that a 2.9 marking on the barrel?
yes it is


PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm not excactly the one I linked. But it’s München, so probably Steinheil. Hence the name HEILonar. 3 lenses in 3 groups I guess.


PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reminds me of Ludwig Dresden Victar also: http://allphotolenses.com/lenses/item/c_1556.html


PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
Hmmm not excactly the one I linked. But it’s München, so probably Steinheil. Hence the name HEILonar. 3 lenses in 3 groups I guess.

+1. The letters and markings are consistent with other Steinheil lenses at its time.


PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
caspert79 wrote:
Hmmm not excactly the one I linked. But it’s München, so probably Steinheil. Hence the name HEILonar. 3 lenses in 3 groups I guess.

+1. The letters and markings are consistent with other Steinheil lenses at its time.


Like 1


PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on it is Victar with fake label:


PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. The body is from Victor or the same supplier as the Victor while the lens cell might be from Steinheil. A side by side comparison is needed to confirm.


PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
Yes. The body is from Victor or the same supplier as the Victor while the lens cell might be from Steinheil. A side by side comparison is needed to confirm.


Indeed. Look at the black ring, it's not the same.


PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, so its a a frankenlens.