Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

HDR
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 2:43 am    Post subject: HDR Reply with quote

Ok, so I have seen quite a few photos and I am intrigued. I took a few shots the other day to try my hand. Only I am not getting something.... my images are not what I expected. Am i missing important details that everyone is leaving out of tutorials? Can post examples if you really need them but they are not flattering at all.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HDR editing is like Arsenic: a tiny dose can improve your photographs. Go beyond the minimal quantity, and you are likely to kill it.

To all HDR editing novices I would suggest to follow these steps:

1- only do it when absolutely necessary

2- when you have found the amount that you think looks ok, divide it by half, and apply it. Nine times out of ten, the day after you will be happier with the halved amount results.

3- by all means, spend all time that is necessary on a scene, to meter the light carefully so to make the original shot as self-sufficient as possible; if in doubt, make an exposure bracketing.
-

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Orio!
The only reason I was playing is the fact that HDR images can be quite interesting. I certainly would not give up real photography to concentrate on this hybrid art form. I have noticed that some images render quite well while others look much worse and make no improvements to the scene.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HDR is nothing new. What is new is the simple software for novices to have a go with.
Learning basic Photoshop is the best way to go about it the best way to learn is to do one of the many courses [Adobe approved] run by most Colleges and few of the larger camera clubs.
If you don't wish to make such a commitment simply learn how to do layer masks.