Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

HASSY 500C + Zeiss misc + scan. HP 4850
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:45 pm    Post subject: HASSY 500C + Zeiss misc + scan. HP 4850 Reply with quote

Hi there..

I was impatient and tried to scan my 6x6 rolls to scan on cheap scanner HP 4850 - which is only for slides Sad

So I scanned all pictures 3 x and then put them together in Photoshop ..

Adjusted in LightRoom...

3 lenses used with Hasselblad 500c : Sonnar 4/150, Distagon 4/50 and Planar 2.8/80...

http://photo.homer.sk/mf_lenses_gallery/000_hassy_001/index.html

There is also a detail of picture number 7 --- where you can read the text and the smallest text says:

IN CASE OF EMERGENCY PLEASE ....

nice day

tf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Church shot is really amazing to me!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rodrigo wrote:
The Church shot is really amazing to me!

thanks Rodrigo --

that's the cathedral in Salisbury -- the tallest cathedral of England --
the tower is 123 m high...

tf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems you are find each other Hassy and Trifox great couple! Congrats for this excellent series!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Seems you are find each other Hassy and Trifox great couple! Congrats for this excellent series!

Yes Attila - -thanks..
I like this camera a lot -- that was a reason to sell Canon 30 D and couple of my things but -- we'll see ...

tf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somebody said if you ever seen a good large slide you won't make photos on any other media. This is true for me too Wink

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats Trifox! superb samples, you got the top and you already master it!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Somebody said if you ever seen a good large slide you won't make photos on any other media. This is true for me too Wink

It's so true! Detail in a MF slide can still beat the resolution of the most expensive DSLR. And colors and tonal variations are so much more natural in film...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, those are really nice. I used to shoot slides with my Bronica S.
The Hassy 500 is a classic.
Again great captures. Cool

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TF these are all fantastic.
The church is a stunner with fine detail and perfect exposure.
My favorite is the two "Girls" on the bench.
That is a once ina life time capture. The expressions and body language are just nutz Surprised
You should get a model release from them. That is a shot that a stock company would buy for sure Cool

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A G Photography wrote:
Attila wrote:

It's so true! Detail in a MF slide can still beat the resolution of the most expensive DSLR. And colors and tonal variations are so much more natural in film...

thanks for your comments

@ Attila -- yes! when you look through the prism of medium format camera that's a picture!
The world around you looks better and 3D effect is fantastic Smile -- and its really hard to come back to 35 SLR
Well, you can not achieve all on medium format cameras but --- something is magic on this format!

@ Alessandro -- yes, the scale of resolution is much bigger and looks more natural.
Tonal range is unbelievable -- especially on good media (it was FUJI Provia 100 F) --- with good scanner (which I haven't got yet)

I would add:
the square shape is more natural to human eye rather than rectangular (like 35 mm, etc.)
-- diffraction on medium format is not big issue...

and yes Carl Zeiss again --- its a magic lens factory..

tf

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F16SUNSHINE wrote:
TF these are all fantastic.
The church is a stunner with fine detail and perfect exposure.
My favorite is the two "Girls" on the bench.
That is a once ina life time capture. The expressions and body language are just nutz Surprised
You should get a model release from them. That is a shot that a stock company would buy for sure Cool

thanks Andy --- the 'girl' on the right was laughing at me why I chose her and the lady on left --she propably didn't know about me at all Smile

But when I saw this on the screen -- I immediately released the shutter ...

Well, the cathedral in Salibury -- that's my subject to achieve..

thanks..

tf

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive performance (both equipment and photographer).

Salisbury is a nice town, and the cathedral is really good for viewing, not being crammed in between other buildings.