Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Hasselblad 500CM
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 1:19 am    Post subject: Hasselblad 500CM Reply with quote

My favorite film camera. No dust collects on this camera and lenses!

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1
Beautiful!

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sometimes kick myself for not picking up a 500CM back in 2009, when film gear -- especially medium format -- prices were at their cheapest. Instead I bought a Bronica ETRSi outfit, a Russian clone of the Zeiss Super Ikonta C, a Yashica Mat 124, and a Pentax 67. Guess I can't complain too much. But still, it would be nice to have the best square frame MF camera there is.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
I sometimes kick myself for not picking up a 500CM back in 2009, when film gear -- especially medium format -- prices were at their cheapest. Instead I bought a Bronica ETRSi outfit, a Russian clone of the Zeiss Super Ikonta C, a Yashica Mat 124, and a Pentax 67. Guess I can't complain too much. But still, it would be nice to have the best square frame MF camera there is.

I have one A12 back but use my A16 backs 90%+ of the time. It would be a little awkward if I did not have the grip and PM90 but that makes using it a dream.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NikonAIS wrote:
cooltouch wrote:

I have one A12 back but use my A16 backs 90%+ of the time. It would be a little awkward if I did not have the grip and PM90 but that makes using it a dream.

Had a 500CM and a 45˚ finder. Lightweight and elegant design. Not ergonomically the easiest camera to use off-tripod, especially with its original, dismal focusing screen. Loading the film is tedious and manual metering in changing light is a skill requiring much time to master.

Sold mine and bought a Rollei 6008 Integral instead.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Hasselblad 500CM Reply with quote

NikonAIS wrote:
My favorite film camera. No dust collects on this camera and lenses!

The HASSELBLAD CM is the only HB model which can be still good repaired!