Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Hartblei 35mm super-rotator...3 shots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:50 am    Post subject: Hartblei 35mm super-rotator...3 shots Reply with quote

Hi all
I have been away for a bit with to much work and some time on the road. Yesterday I was working at home and the sun came out for a bit. I took a few shots with the Hartblei 35mm super-rotator. No movements in these shots. I like the way this lens renders. Let me know what you think. All these are pretty close focus, handheld, and I believe at 400.

f2.8

f5.6

f11

f32

f11 100%ish crop

I will edit this post with more as I get a chance to use this lens a bit.

Andy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I can see, the lens seems to have a nice pictorial bokeh.

-

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm quite impressed. The shots are a little dark, but they look sharp with pretty smooth OOF.

Now I want to see the lens used to make those model railway type shots Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly looks like a lens worth investigating. My guess is that it takes a lot of time to work out where it really shines. The tests indicate that there is a lot of potential there

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy,

Congratulations on your pictures, please upload some more.

This morning I took a few pictures with my Arax 35/2.8 tilt & shift lens, which shares the same optical formula as the Hartblei -- in fact both use the optical unit of the Mir 67-N, which seems to be a modified version of the familiar Mir 1 37/2.8 lens. Here are the pictures (taken at f/5.6):

Cheers!

Abbazz

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both the Arax AND the Hartblei are showing superior results! Wow, this forum sure does erase a lot of my misconceptions about lens quality...