Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Hani's portraits
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Hani's portraits Reply with quote

Hi,
Here are the pictures that I shot with SMC Takumar 50/1.4. A little girl is my friend's daughter.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another Pentax freak!!

Nice pictures, extremely sharp lens!

Guido

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very beautiful portraits. I like the impressive sharpness of her eyes together with the thin DOF. Perhaps I wish to see one of them converted to b/w? Thanks for showing.

Michael

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Iha, first of all, thanks for sharing these pictures!

I appreciate your courage for shooting such extreme closeups! These are not simple framing choices and a bold vision is really required for them.

I am usually not a fan of 3/4 human portraits when both eyes are not in focus, especially with such extreme closeups. I don't know why. I do not have "philosophical" objection to this (I am not the kind who puts theory in front of real photographs), it's just that such photos rarely manage to fully convince me. But this time, you made me (partially) change my mind! While I think that #2 suffers, as image impact, from the blurred eye, #1 and #3 are done beautifully!!
And especially #3, is a real crack!!
So, congratulations!! I think you are really near to prefessional portraiture quality level, with these two works!!

WHat about submitting them for our group calendar? Wink

Please keep such great pictures coming!

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! You don't know how lucky you are, Chinese kids are beautiful , best ones for portraits. I would like to take portraits from Chinese children really. Excellent shoots, thank you for sharing!

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for grats!
I did not do B-W pictures from this series because I'd like better the color of these.
I have an other old B-W picture with SMC Takumar, too. When she was sick.

Attila: Not all Asian people is Chinese Smile She is Vietnamese.
Here more some picture I shot with Yashica 35 GSN, the film was Ilford 100.
Hani ("H?" is her name in Vietnamese) with her brother.

I wil tell her the criticals of yours Smile

Last edited by iha on Mon May 07, 2007 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the second-to-last picture because of the very spontaneous way she shows her love for the brother
Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, these are excellent photos!

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are really beautiful...

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

really nice shots. i especially like the one where she's alone and of to the right.
hehe, pretty good shots for a canon, even tho you are using a pentax lens.