Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Hanimex 135mm 2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:23 pm    Post subject: Hanimex 135mm 2.8 Reply with quote

I have one of these on the way and could not seem to find any information about it. I have seen a few posts about the 135/3.5 version. Does anyone have any experience with the 2.8 version?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have it but sadly didn't test it yet. Made very solid and nice too.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I have seen the 3.5 version seem to be a good performer. I hope this one is also. It looks to be a tokina.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hanimex of course was just a marketing company. They sold lenses made by various Japanese manufacturers.
I think this and some very similar lenses (I have a 200mm of exactly the same style in the "Lentar" brand), under various other brands,
were made by Tokyo Koki/Tokina, from the same early automatic series as the Soligor and Vivitar T4's.

Like this one -
http://forum.mflenses.com/vivitar-tokina-135-2-8-t4-better-than-i-thought-t10111,highlight,%2Bvivitar+%2Bt4.html

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just looking for something on the telephoto side with some speed to it. My current lenses that are capable of this focal length are AF zooms. The widest aperture that they can open to at that focal length is 5.6.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Adent,

I just buy one yesterday , but a more modern aspect, I will post pictures when I will take time. I also bought a Hanimex 28mm 2.8, and a Fujinon 50mm 1.8, all in M42, in a set with a Fujica camera. for the high price of 15€!

Jean Claude

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does its serial number start with a letter "H"? If so, the lens might be Tokina-made.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@aoleg Yes it does start with an H.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this Hanimar 2.8/135mm.
http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic,p,1040881.html#1040881

Is Hanimar the same as Hanimex ?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both is distributor brand (the same) but lenses are from different manufacturers. Your Hanimar seems a bit like Sankor made.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Jure. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... bought just one of these (exactly the same as in the first posting it seems), together with a Mamiya 500 TL SLR and a Auto Mamiya Sekor 2.8/50mm normal lens, for the price of a cup of coffee. Should arrive next week ... I wonder how it compares to OEM 2.8/135mm lenses (especially the Minolta MC-I/MC-II) from the same time frame.

S

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aoleg wrote:
Does its serial number start with a letter "H"? If so, the lens might be Tokina-made.

Yes, after 11 years, i can certainly confirm my Sankor assumption was wrong Smile.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
... bought just one of these (exactly the same as in the first posting it seems), together with a Mamiya 500 TL SLR and a Auto Mamiya Sekor 2.8/50mm normal lens, for the price of a cup of coffee. Should arrive next week ... I wonder how it compares to OEM 2.8/135mm lenses (especially the Minolta MC-I/MC-II) from the same time frame.

S
That Tokina made lens was the Mamiya/Sekor 135/2.8 for the TL/DTL cameras.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

casualcollector wrote:
That Tokina made lens was the Mamiya/Sekor 135/2.8 for the TL/DTL cameras.

The 28 and 35mm lenses for that range were also Tokina, and at likewise for at least the 35 and 135 ES lenses too. I think by the time they released the SX lenses they went to a different design.

I have the lens from the original post as a Lentar, it's also the same as the Tokina made T4 Vivitar and Soligor lenses from that period. Everyone and their dog sold this lens under their own badge. It's a fairly well made and designed lens, close to very good in IQ in my opinion.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen that lens branded as Soligor.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This 'chrome eared' soligor is probably a bit later, but also Tokina. CFD has improved to just under 1.5m

Soligor TELE-AUTO 135mm 1:2.8 by The lens profile, on Flickr

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1