Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Hand held extreme iso low shutter speed old lens.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:09 pm    Post subject: Hand held extreme iso low shutter speed old lens. Reply with quote

Took this the other night in my yard. I was really surprised at how well it turned out. This is at ISO 20000 and 1/4 second 38mm Staeble choro lens. I think this was at 3.5 but I am not absolutely sure.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hand-held at 1/4 second? You have a remarkably steady hand, jamaeolus.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:

Not trying to take away from an achievement, but speed priority continuous is all you need.
Sure there are tricks and techniques, but fire a series long enough and you'll get a decent chance at landing a pixel perfect image.

Pretty much everything I've ever shot under 1/2 seconds was a pick from a full auto volley. Beats a tripod for me.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Generally my hand held stuff is crap. Even with IBIS. Lucked out on this one though. I will have to try the volley technique. I frequently get motion blur even with a tripod due to wind pushng my target flowers around (its almost always flowers, I suck at portraits, flowers don't judge)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's an interesting and enticing photo, and I do kinda like it,
but I feel there's little context to the achievement with no mention of the camera used.
After all, there's no EXIF information displayed here.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am on here all the time so I sometimes forget that not everyone reads the forum regularly. Camera was a7rii.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say that some of us read more the forum and not really answering. Thank You Dog

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:

Using the built-in image stabilizer of the Sony A900 i'm shooting quite often down to 1/4 s, handheld - especially interiors in well known European churches and cathedrals. These images are used for high quality book printing (up to 32x24 cm), sometimes even for large calendars (40x60 cm). The newer A7II / A7III stabilizers may be better in theory, but practically the A900 & vertical grip wins - due to its much better ergonomy (= easier to hold steady).

In the Sony Alpha Fullframe book there's a large image taken with the Sony Zeiss ZA 2/24mm. Exposure time was 1 s, aperture was f2, and it was handheld:

http://artaphot.ch/images/PDFs/AlphaSystemBuch_I/Sony_Alpha_Vollformat-System_24-47_72dpi.pdf

See pages 40/41

Stephan